Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amp Rack Mounting

statefan

Looking for some help on re-mounting my amp rack after I took it down this off season to install new amps. It's a 2011 23LSV and you'll see in the pics below it was originally installed with three 2" screws. The upper single screw goes into the support that I assume is glued to the hull but I'm struggling with the bottom 2 screws. It doesn't feel like there is a similar support mounted to the hull down there and I don't want to go crazy with my impact driver putting the screws back and risk damaging the hull. I did not mark exactly where my rack was mounted before but it can only go so high with the placement of the upper support so the lower screws should be pretty close to where they were originally mounted. I'm also not against using an alternate mounting method but I'm trying to make this last step of my stereo upgrade as simple as possible. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. (Pay no mind to my amateur looking install as I decided to save time and make things work without building a new rack and my amp arrangement was limited by the short main power and ground runs from the factory install)

1336501264_AmpMount1.jpg.0ff8d8582af817785923a6c95323daab.jpg

111325620_AmpMount2.jpg.a3fe525311b388e45560da87468d4cb2.jpg

Nevermind....I found the lower support stud. Just needed to raise the rack up a bit and lower my screw at the top. All good now and no unwanted holes through the hull.