Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gelcoat colors

So I have some gelcoat to repair from last year. Approximately 1/2" round area just under rubrail. Boat is a 2003 Malibu VLX, white blue and ebony in colors.

Was Spectrum the supplier for Malibu back in 2003? I cannot find anything matching my year on their website. Earliest I can find is 2005.

I have searched this fine forum for advice of course but cannot get any further, nothing earlier than 2005. I have not contacted Malibu as they could have information but I'm ready to be disappointed.

If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it!

Henrik

12 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Thank you for response and you’re  right. I did see that on this website. I was hoping for a smaller size/package as I only have a small area that needs repair. something like their patch paste kits. I have an email in the to them so hopefully I’ll hear something back after the weekend. 

• 4 months later...

I know it's been awhile but if anyone was following I'll give this update.

Malibu returned my call after a couple of weeks, gave me the codes using my HID. Spectrum will only sell quarts. I needed less, a lot less. I bought a gelcoat repair kit from my local west marine. Did my prep of damaged area. Mixed the color to what I thought looked good and went at it. After wet sanding, polish etc the repair looks really good. Not tooting my own horn, but I was surprised! A gelcoat/fiberglass repair pro will of course have a different opinion.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, henrik said:

Malibu returned my call after a couple of weeks, gave me the codes using my HID. Spectrum will only sell quarts. I needed less, a lot less. I bought a gelcoat repair kit from my local west marine. Did my prep of damaged area. Mixed the color to what I thought looked good and went at it. After wet sanding, polish etc the repair looks really good. Not tooting my own horn, but I was surprised! A gelcoat/fiberglass repair pro will of course have a different opinion.

Nice! You take any pics?

7 hours ago, henrik said:

Next time use the contact us section on their website. I always have and get a response in a day or less.

https://www.malibuboats.com/get-in-touch/