Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cost to hire hoist/lift move

This might not be the right forum, but seemed somewhat logical. 

After some fruitless searching on here, which admittedly can be user error, I couldn't find a cost to expect to pay a company to move a hoist. (Current event notwithstanding) 

It's 6 miles. Out of the water. So land to land move.
I've moved a few of them but they were 3600lb capacity ones. And one that's good for 6000lbs not sure I want to even deal with. 
A quick internet search sounds like a few hundo. Hell I'll have half that in beer and smoked meat for the buddies required to do it. :lol:

Regardless a few hundo to not have to do it would be money well spent. Anything over 3 bills and I'll do it myself. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Ryan1776

It took me and one other person about an hour to load a 6000lb capacity hydraulic lift on a trailer, drive it 7 miles, and unload/ assemble it at my house.

That doesn't really help you, but it wasn't very hard.

12 minutes ago, asnowman said:

It took me and one other person about an hour to load a 6000lb capacity hydraulic lift on a trailer, drive it 7 miles, and unload/ assemble it at my house.

That doesn't really help you, but it wasn't very hard.

What kind of trailer? Did you use your boat trailer? 
Two guys? How'd you get it on the trailer?!

Holy hell! Sebago! My buddy lives what, 10min from you in Buxton.....(I feel like we've had this convo before) 

1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

What kind of trailer? Did you use your boat trailer? 
Two guys? How'd you get it on the trailer?!

Holy hell! Sebago! My buddy lives what, 10min from you in Buxton.....(I feel like we've had this convo before) 

16' utility trailer.

This lift, only pic i could find. It comes apart to 3 main pieces, with only 4 bolts. 20190328_154018.thumb.jpg.c83083a4be76737c2b86bf53243ce0fa.jpg

Its all the canopy frame parts leaning on it on the far side.