Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 20 vtx wakesurf set up

Tyfarwell

I have a 2016 Malibu 20 vtx and wondering what setups are working for people wakesurfing? Are you adding more weight and at what speeds? 

ahopkins22LSV

The best setup I found to be on our 2019 was 10.5mph, all ballast full plus 550 plug n play bags and 2-300 additional in the bow. We had power wedge 3 so the wedge settings are a bit different that your power wedge 2 but I’d start with wedge 2 for goofy surfers and 3 for regular surfers. That is the position from Lift. If we had a huge crew of people, I’d fill the rear plug n play bags 1/2-3/4 full. Just eye balling the bags and how the wave was.

• 4 weeks later...

@ahopkinsVTX Awesome, I’ll have to get some plug n plays and help out the back. I’m not to far off but all helps when surfing and getting the peeps in the boat to have fun.

• Like 1