Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Problems with 2007 Wakesetter 23 LSV: Water Temp, Power Wedge, Ballast Display

Hello everyone,

i got some issues with my Wakesetter 23lsv from 2007 and hope you guys may help me:

1. Water Temp shows always 65 degrees (degrees celsius), air temperature is showing right temperature. Is this maybe because of the sensor, where can i find it and where can i find a new one?

2. After winter break, i tried to use mi Power Wedge again. Power Wedge seemed to go down, also the display in the cockpit showed the power wedge moving down. So now the display's show's that the powerwedge is maximum down, but if i control it it's still all on the top! I can't move it at all, when i push the button's for moving the powerwedge nothing happens anymore... any help?

3. Ballast Display is not working anymore, it always show's that it's empty. Also a problem with the sensor? where can i find it and how can i replace it?

Thanks for your help!

Greetings 

I believe your water temp sensor is part of your depth sounder... is the depth sounder working correctly?

The ballast sensors are in the ballast tanks but you can access it and should be able to pull it out and replace it.  It is basically a cheap float sensor and they might be stuck.

If you can't solve the individual problems then maybe there is a bigger issue you need to chase down... either a bad ground or a power issue or a bad main viper/Magellan computer (if a 2007 has one.. can't remember.)

My boat doesn't have a depth sounder, so actually i don't know how the water temp sensor works or where it is...

ok i already tried to access the sensors from the ballast tanks, didn't find it. especially that the ballast is not very easy accessible...

on the wedge... have someone spin the paddle wheel while you raise it until the display shows all the way up. Then it should work after that. If you don't here any noise from actuators, it could be a blown fuse. The power wedge has its own fuse under dash (not in the fuse box).

Sorry, this is all I can help with

If these things all worked before and then quit about the same time, check your power and ground connections.  Yes, under the dash also. 

18 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

on the wedge... have someone spin the paddle wheel while you raise it until the display shows all the way up. Then it should work after that. If you don't here any noise from actuators, it could be a blown fuse. The power wedge has its own fuse under dash (not in the fuse box).

Sorry, this is all I can help with

thanks for your help!!! but how should i raise the power wedge, as it is already all the way up! it's only the display showing that it is down, but it did never move from the up position...

do you know where i can find the fuse under the dash or how it looks like? thanks again!

7 hours ago, justgary said:

If these things all worked before and then quit about the same time, check your power and ground connections.  Yes, under the dash also. 

thanks for your input! it wasn't at the sime time, water temp and ballast sensor don't work for a long time already! only the power wedge stopped to work since we put it back in water after the winter!

Have the wedge actuators been replaced recently?  Do you hear the actuators trying to go down when you to try to deploy the wedge?  Just an fyi in case you didn't know, the wedge should deploy but not raise back up unless the boat is moving or think it's moving (manually spinning the paddlewheel) to avoid pinning an arm or leg.  

Have you unplugged the wire harness to the control box?  That cycled and corrected the gauge for me a few times.  But ultimately I needed a new control box that worked with the new actuators (5 lobe) and gauge.  

5 hours ago, Sandro said:

thanks for your help!!! but how should i raise the power wedge, as it is already all the way up! it's only the display showing that it is down, but it did never move from the up position...

do you know where i can find the fuse under the dash or how it looks like? thanks again!

thanks for your input! it wasn't at the sime time, water temp and ballast sensor don't work for a long time already! only the power wedge stopped to work since we put it back in water after the winter!

the display is showing down, so it needs to be cycled. With someone spinning the paddle wheel, raise the wedge up (yes I know it is up but the computer thinks it is down). You should hear the actuators making a noise and display should show actuators raising. If the actuators cycle (now show in the up position after raising) they should work the same as before (system is reset). If you don't here any noises, you possibly have a blown fuse. The fuse will be all by itself under the dash in the wiring (not in the fuse box). It will stick out as it should be the only inline fuse under there.

19 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

the display is showing down, so it needs to be cycled. With someone spinning the paddle wheel, raise the wedge up (yes I know it is up but the computer thinks it is down). You should hear the actuators making a noise and display should show actuators raising. If the actuators cycle (now show in the up position after raising) they should work the same as before (system is reset). If you don't here any noises, you possibly have a blown fuse. The fuse will be all by itself under the dash in the wiring (not in the fuse box). It will stick out as it should be the only inline fuse under there.

A red blade fuse holder most likely.

21 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

thanks a lot for your help! so i don't hear any noise from the actuator, and it has never been changed... I will try to find the fuse and replace it. you guys know what fuse it is so i can buy a new one? or is there anywhere the same fuse so i can try it?

How do i see if the fuse is good or not?

Sorry, i'm not good at stuff like this, that's why my stupid questions...

My bet is actuators.  If they've never been replaced on your 07, it's most likely time. 

When the actuators went out on my 06, the fuse would blow when I pressed the switch.  I could swap out fuses but they would blow every time.  I replaced the actuators and it worked fine.  

You can get them from Bake"s and it's not all that hard to replace them.  Only took me a few hours.

So i checked the cables under my cockpit to find the use... i only found one, which is in a black box and seems to be good... i replaced it anyway, but power wedge still not moving... is that the right one? apparently there's only one...

as you said there should only be one blade fuse holder i guess it should be this one... so the fuse is not the problem... :-(

My 08 has one green 30 AMP fuse and inside the Medallion box it will be labelled.  I'm just not sure how they did it on the 07.  To bypass the medallion completely, take off the white/black power wedge wires that are going into the medallion black box and temporary use some long jump wires, connecting the power wedge wires to a battery or 12V source.  hold the wires on the battery posts and If she moves down all the way, then reverse polarity the wires on the 12V source to get the wedge back up.  If this works, your power wedge module in your medallion is dead.