Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RPM/Perfect Pass Combo Gauge

I have an '03 Sunscape 21 LSV with an integrated Perfect Pass/rpm gauge. The upper half is for the RPM and the lower half is all the Perfect Pass readouts. It looks to be a 5-inch bezel. The RPM guage stopped working. Any suggestions on how to diagnose?  

don't waste your time:) - that gauges is next to impossible to take apart - i tried on my 2003.   You just have to use the RPM on the perfect pass part or upgrade to stargazer if you want a bigger read out.  just my opinion

2 hours ago, Loshie1056 said:

I have an '03 Sunscape 21 LSV with an integrated Perfect Pass/rpm gauge. The upper half is for the RPM and the lower half is all the Perfect Pass readouts. It looks to be a 5-inch bezel. The RPM guage stopped working. Any suggestions on how to diagnose?  

You could always call Mark at PerfectPass he has always been helpful. 

1 hour ago, SkiPablo said:

don't waste your time:) - that gauges is next to impossible to take apart - i tried on my 2003.   You just have to use the RPM on the perfect pass part or upgrade to stargazer if you want a bigger read out.  just my opinion

That's how I fixed mine. Upgraded to stargazer.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cazan said:

You could always call Mark at PerfectPass he has always been helpful. 

And with the USD/CAD being where it is, a new gauge will be dirt cheap.

3 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

And with the USD/CAD being where it is, a new gauge will be dirt cheap.

Unfortunately they can't/won't repair the gauge and they don't have a replacement available. It is 17 years old so I understand. Upgrading to stargazer was the only option they had available.

@Loshie1056 I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but in your case if you upgrade to the Stargazer it is a VERY simple installation even if you're not mechanically inclined.  The end result is pretty nice, and it still uses your existing water temp sensor (and paddlewheel for use if needed.)  Almost plug & play except for the R&R of the dash gauge cluster, and also a lot cheaper then when I bought 5 years ago.

Here are some pictures of my install, don't let the one with ALL the gauges out scare you, I was fixing the dash plastic since it had a crack in it and I reinforced it with epoxy putty as pictured, but still not a big deal.  If you do this it's a good time to polish the clear plastic gauge covers and paint the surround if needed...they'll look like new!  If you need help or encouragement let me know and I'll walk you through the install process and removing the dash gauges...pretty simple. 

http://perfectpass.com/?q=upgradeoptions

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdsgo2fspc7jnjp/AACGtxHoxTpn8XOSksb-sG3Ta?dl=0

• Like 1