Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

adding tower to a TXI?

Badger

Has anyone investigated or completed the installation of a tower onto a TXI recently, say last year or 2?  I've searched and found threads on here but mostly they are 3-5 years old.  I'd like to understand what realistic options are out there.  (Yes, the XTP tower would be great, but old threads seem to indicate that they are all strapped to the backs of unicorns.)

I'm considering "trading" out of my VTX back to a slalom boat and wondering what my options are if I could find an early model TXI.  I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'd like to find one with a tower and power wedge.  They seem to be few and far between.

Yeah, it's a major bummer you can't get XTP towers anymore.  The XTP on the '12-16 TXi is the best looking boat/tower combo in history IMO.

I'm sure there are aftermarket options available.  May even be able to make a Titan 2 or 3 work.  They'll look odd though.

I had taken an XTP and chopped it to fit a Response LX. 

As stated above, when XTP bought Monster (or monster bought XTP) all the small line stuff vanished. It was OEM or monster only.  Which sucked. 

Short of a custom build, you have to find an aftermarket tower you like the most, or buy a new Malibu (axis-style) which only fits the TXi. 

10 hours ago, holden said:

I have a g3 tower on my 2013 TXi ... from the factory. Not sure if you could still order from Malibu but I really like my TXi / g3 look and function.post-20147-0-76136000-1371781918_thumb.jpgpost-20147-0-08336300-1371781937_thumb.jpg

Thank you.  Yes, I had found your thread and it would be top choice as I think your boat looks sharp.  Just wondering what is out there from an aftermarket perspective that might be a bit cheaper.