Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Malibu LSV

Service required came on.  Changed out spark plugs (looks like error was misfire). Running fine now.  Want to reset and clear error code.  I tried removing negative cable.  Do I have to remove the positive also as that didn't clear it?  Is there another way to clear this message? I want to check to see if I get code again.  All seems to be running well. 

I'm no expert on this, as I've got an older model without an interactive screen but I recall someone saying after so many engine start/stop cycles (I think 3?) that the message will automatically clear, but I could be wrong.  Someone here will have the actual answer...

10 hours ago, formulaben said:

I'm no expert on this, as I've got an older model without an interactive screen but I recall someone saying after so many engine start/stop cycles (I think 3?) that the message will automatically clear, but I could be wrong.  Someone here will have the actual answer...

If I recall correctly, it was three hot/cold cycles.  Just starting and stopping the engine won't do it, you have to let it cool down.

• Like 2

The ECM always double checks twice itself before code is internally cleared, which is referred to as "ready" state.