Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 LSV Needs All New Speakers!

Zippymbr

New owner here first boat!  Previous owner kept it in great shape.  Due to its age the speakers all have cracked bezels.  I need to keep the budget as low as possible as I paid cash and am outfitting the boat with gear as well.  Recommendations on good replacement speakers and upgrades would be appreciated.  
Here is what I bought 

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2007-Malibu-Wakesett...-for-sale-Stokesdale-North-Carolina-103064.aspx

Polk Marine.  Great value.

Amps are important too.  Make sure you have at least 75 watts rms for each speaker.  300 watts for the sub.   Class D will save your batteries and give you more sand bar time.

Read several threads on TMC. There are many.  Model year does not matter.

58 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Polk Marine.  Great value.

Amps are important too.  Make sure you have at least 75 watts rms for each speaker.  300 watts for the sub.   Class D will save your batteries and give you more sand bar time.

Read several threads on TMC. There are many.  Model year does not matter.

Thanks for the advice

Welcome to the rabbit hole!  Nice boat, very similar to my '08, we have the same engine and many other parts.  This website is one of the single most resourceful things that has helped me navigate boat maintenance, please consider becoming a paid member to help these guys with site costs.  Also, if you haven't found it, the Wake Garage is also a great site for tips and projects.  One of the admins over there (Rugger) has the exact boat as you and has done some incredible projects. 

Please feel free to reach out to me anytime with any questions, I have done a TON of work to mine in the last 8 months. 

In regards to tower/cockpit speakers, @minnmarker is spot on with Polk, they are "budget" friendly if there is such a thing.

Try to take a ride on other boat's that have different sound systems (after the virus social distancing ends, of course!) so you get an idea of where to spend your money. 

You may like tower speakers and can put thousands into them and amps, or you may not use them.  If any of your crew likes to sit in the back without ear damage you may want to go light (or even skip) on the tower system.

Do you like Bass?  High fidelity, or just loud?  Speakers for the skipper and/or speakers for the main area and/or speakers for the bow area?  6.5 coaxials are the standard, or you can enlarge the holes to fit 8" easily for much better mid-Bass - especially if you go without a sub woofer.

There are so many options - and so many opinions.

Welcome to the crew!

• Like 1

Can I replace the speakers in the tower pods or do I replace the whole pod?  They are old Rockford Fosgate.  I have one amp that I can see 5 Chanel sub in the passenger console 

9 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Try to take a ride on other boat's that have different sound systems (after the virus social distancing ends, of course!) so you get an idea of where to spend your money. 

You may like tower speakers and can put thousands into them and amps, or you may not use them.  If any of your crew likes to sit in the back without ear damage you may want to go light (or even skip) on the tower system.

Do you like Bass?  High fidelity, or just loud?  Speakers for the skipper and/or speakers for the main area and/or speakers for the bow area?  6.5 coaxials are the standard, or you can enlarge the holes to fit 8" easily for much better mid-Bass - especially if you go without a sub woofer.

There are so many options - and so many opinions.

Welcome to the crew!

I want the cleanest sounding I can get without a lot of distortion at higher levels.  I used to be big into car audio but that was many years ago