Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Wakesetter Monsoon fuel pump

My fuel pump is whining really loud. Didn’t know if anyone knew a part number that cross reference to get a new one. When I bought one years ago I was told that they were discontinued. Being a Chevy motor I would think I would be able to pick one up at a auto parts store. 

there's an inlet screen at the bottom of the pump where the fuel line comes in.  Often times, that just needs a cleaning to stop the whining.  Have you tried that?  It's somewhat odd to have gone through multiple fuel pumps, even on an '01.  My dad and I both have '01 Monsoons on the original pumps.  Mine whines a little at key-up when it's cold or hasn't run in several weeks.

13 hours ago, tbonemalibu said:

My fuel pump is whining really loud. Didn’t know if anyone knew a part number that cross reference to get a new one. When I bought one years ago I was told that they were discontinued. Being a Chevy motor I would think I would be able to pick one up at a auto parts store. 

Have you added a secondary pump yet?  It eliminates vapor lock but also helps the high pressure pump last longer since it prevents cavitation.  Anyway, the Carter P61171 is what I have on my cheat sheet for replacement...take it for what it's worth, as I found that from a post somewhere here, but I can’t guarantee anything.