Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Main Amp Flashing Red

Wakesetter67

Well my first real experience with Wetsound stuff.. And I have been in the boat 2 Times and my Sub/Cabin amp is not working and flashing red. Being we are all shut down here and the Malibu plant as well. What are a few things I can check like fuse etc. The Batteries are always on a Promariner charger and read 12.7 So its not low voltage.. Ideas? Since we cant use the boat,  I now have a 130000.00 Shop Stereo! 

A processor controlled amp has the ability to detect issues internal, as well of external, of the amp, and go into a self preservation mode. The flashing is likely a diagnostic code and outlined in the owners manual. This can give you some direction. 

2 hours ago, MLA said:

A processor controlled amp has the ability to detect issues internal, as well of external, of the amp, and go into a self preservation mode. The flashing is likely a diagnostic code and outlined in the owners manual. This can give you some direction. 

Well it show over voltage protection,  1 Long Blink and 4 Flashes. 

54 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Aws is still open for warranty service, why not just drop it there? I had similar issues on my boat, dropped it at the dealer and has been good ever since. 

Well if it was something simple like fuse or wire harness loose, I would rather do it myself then drive it up. Yes if I can't figure it out I will do that, Maybe just maybe I can get a regular tuneable Wetsound Amp... Not a big fan of the stock ones. 

Just sayin, I’m sure they are slower than normal right now. If it was something simple, would you be asking here? I’m not a stereo/electronics guy, so having a boat under warranty is great. Doesn’t sound like you are either so a quick trip to the dealer while the weather sucks, doesn’t sound that bad.

I would break out the volt meter and measure right at the amp, across the amp's main B+ and B- and again across the B+ and turn-on, rather then at the battery or rely on the helm gauge. This will tell you exactly what the amp see. 

• 1 month later...

Main cabin amp flashes  code "short protect Channel 1 or 2" and it happens when I turn off and restart engine.  If I cycle the stereo power off and back on, the code clears  (goes back to solid blue) and all interior speakers and amp play fine until the next time I decide to turn off and then restart the the engine.   

Thoughts?

Edited by DwayneE

I think I solved the issue.  Looks like my cranking battery is #2 and the deep cycle is #1.  As soon as I changed over to the cranking battery (#2)  for normal use, the  interior Amp did not trigger a code all day.  I was backwards on how I thought the batteries were installed and have been using the deep cycle (#1) as my main battery for starts for the past 2 seasons.  That will teach me to look next time.

Edited by DwayneE