Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Group Buys 2020 - Help me out!

Murphy8166

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Not exactly a group buy, but this is my latest contribution to the Malibu world.  My greatest contribution being the Malibu seat riser that I asked this fellow to make.  TMSBilletparts on Ebay has made hundreds of the seat riser since I had him make mine.  

I pointed out to him that the side tow mounts for surfing were highway robbery at $200 per pair at Bakes, or $259 MSRP on 2019 models and he made some right away and is selling for $79 per pair.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-G3-And-G4-Tower-Side-Rope-Pull-Points/184261820235?hash=item2ae6dc3f4b:g:yeAAAOSwk9xenn4O

Which year riser?  I know that I've got the first one of this style

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Boat-Driver-seat-lift-for-2010-and-up-Gives-the-drivers-seat-a-4-lift/174175584642?hash=item288dac8182:g:LnoAAOSwGzlTsFkj

12 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

This one includes a picture of my 2006 boat riser.  He has made them for several different years since then.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-boat-driver-seat-lift-riser-4-inch-higher-than-original-CNC-machined/174109802039?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2889c0be37:g:WhYAAOSwJZRcq-X-&enc=AQAEAAACcIQvEcHUrT7nmUC3yY5qbPyaBN1nJEDYW8MyypsJPgXKNJpkvJd843sBLRdhZ0zmMEu11YOqpsW4fNlGThSEPiV7Myc1KAaiLYB1kmW2uo46CeDmiiJKRh8pOw%2F6k0L3OGmEJXvHlzQVJLMbTpSNp9LxM3bSAA1FIN8m%2FfrXXguoIls8bVC4mEJFoGDKjcblidcoLMUG82uE0iQMK8j%2BML3j1Wa6VJzfHJxqNa0evjm4HS2XNTihIYBUMEMzsRuftKfia%2FO%2Bli4yKG%2F7ezHbZUEik7BlJeZaoW8%2BC3V7%2BMMoPjQ51lzoN2z1wCdirSEowiH%2FarNbAsYA3EW4jRg13%2BRVEJnSon4mb6XyV%2Bec9n0mcic2LYO3uJdz82zaTp42X%2FZCRAwWAXZR8l25A5wDyBAJf1p20Sg3Gyuk6zeivTrrWP8N7AEaS%2F6wJ1QObZ7oAS0CXKL%2B6BpI%2B1emV759%2Bb%2BTZeMlJhIft4QUBxqTa8eIaQlbcjTtc6GXtw2QV%2BWNFZCgRuc67n6lVwvfMTwKGrJOaCEIo2FPvGn2Dg3p9HN6JaUGY8%2F9by66EbomzzddR4wb4UVuElRagS%2BiCMd8MCmreZrOwEV9TlECB9Y%2Fk0ewoHwhf%2BYjqflRMj9Ak3F2g6QLxv6Hh%2BW4S273EMMZNx%2FbRPzaj4LMgRa8PdbwVj4rxOEktjlWTpG8R0%2Bi0cLTTgVzUp6q%2B%2B34NwymZeB4tf3CVnD9NNIZNNiIA01%2FeGASHwj207fbDgRHA5nPOvPgu1T%2B5re8Lph6X6ZgksSuPwv1N7n3Jh7uGYKU%2F2IiEIGa0Hwo3OvdWySuwB8k%2B0GMgA%3D%3D&checksum=174109802039fb5fd1434e8d4707a76fd8088948b16e

3 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

Not exactly a group buy, but this is my latest contribution to the Malibu world.  My greatest contribution being the Malibu seat riser that I asked this fellow to make.  TMSBilletparts on Ebay has made hundreds of the seat riser since I had him make mine.  

I pointed out to him that the side tow mounts for surfing were highway robbery at $200 per pair at Bakes, or $259 MSRP on 2019 models and he made some right away and is selling for $79 per pair.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-G3-And-G4-Tower-Side-Rope-Pull-Points/184261820235?hash=item2ae6dc3f4b:g:yeAAAOSwk9xenn4O

Nice.  May have to get those.  My wife, after years of surfing still struggles to stay on her side!

If he needs another idea for an incredibly overpriced item to reengineer (no offense to the company who makes these, but dang, $500 for a piece of milled aluminum and some straps?)... https://hyperryddesigns.com/shop/ols/products/xr1-overhead-surf-rack

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, ajive said:

Nice.  May have to get those.  My wife, after years of surfing still struggles to stay on her side!

If he needs another idea for an incredibly overpriced item to reengineer (no offense to the company who makes these, but dang, $500 for a piece of milled aluminum and some straps?)... https://hyperryddesigns.com/shop/ols/products/xr1-overhead-surf-rack

Compared to every other rack option out there this is dirt cheap. And they are made really nice. Plus they give you the option to have your boards completely out of the sun, unlike any other rack option. 

8 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

Where exactly do these mount on the tower? Can't quite tell from the pics. I haven't seen any plugs that could be removed on my 2015 G3 tower. 

Edited by Kojak
13 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Compared to every other rack option out there this is dirt cheap. And they are made really nice. Plus they give you the option to have your boards completely out of the sun, unlike any other rack option. 

They look super nice, which is why I want them!  But if I'm basing the decision just on relative price, I'm sticking with my car top surf pads and straps for $60 to accomplish the same thing.

Like I said, no offense to the mfg intended, charge what the market will pay!  But even if sourced entirely in the US those are maybe $75 to make (and I'm being pretty generous there).  $250 each or $400 for a pair would make me, and probably a whole lot of others, a buyer.  High margin/low volume or reasonable margin/larger volume... Hence why I brought these up on the group buy thread!

IMG_20200428_085436.jpg

• Like 2

I've been enjoying many of the Mission products.  I spoke to Mark over at Mission and he is willing to do something for us on a group buy if we can scratch a few people together. If you are interested in any of the product line and a group buy please PM me. 

• Thanks 2
On 4/27/2020 at 9:24 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Not really....roswell triton holds two boards for $1300 and two of these cost $1000.  I get price is likley due to low production volume but IMHO $250-300 each seems like the right price for what it is.  

12 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I've touted zip mist for years.  It's on sale right now for $20 a gallon.  Shipping wasn't cheap but three gallons for $89 to my door is still pretty great.  This stuff works and smells exactly like boat bling hot sauce in my experience.

https://pacificprodux.com/zip-mist-wipe-dp-532-01/

Shipping kills the great deal quick! $31 to get two gallons to my zip code...

7 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Shipping kills the great deal quick! $31 to get two gallons to my zip code...

Still $10 cheaper a gallon than boat bling from amazon...

TMC customized backup buddies. 

I think my fav group buy ever was 8 years ago getting customized comp vests with some extra pads/float from Tadd at H2Osmosis.

Get Yacht Thruster to do a repeat soon.

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, vanamp said:

Not really....roswell triton holds two boards for $1300 and two of these cost $1000.  I get price is likley due to low production volume but IMHO $250-300 each seems like the right price for what it is.  

With no adapter for Malibu/Axis towers, once you select that it goes up to 1500 and that’s the on sale price for wakemakers. Boards are still exposed to the sun. Sure, the price is probably inflated but show me a product in the marine world that isn’t. 

All I’m saying is that people freak out about the price per rack because it only holds one board, but when you compare buying two for two board storage to everything else on the market, the multiple positions it can be mounted, and the arguably best/safest storage solution for your high end boards, the price is pretty fair for the market. 

Anyway.. @Murphy8166 how are the deals going? :)

Hey admins,

I have a sunglass company and would love to offer the group a discount code if possible. Let me know how we can get that going. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Danimal154 said:

Hey admins,

I have a sunglass company and would love to offer the group a discount code if possible. Let me know how we can get that going. Thank you.

PM me with some details or contact info and I'll get you setup.

50 minutes ago, Danimal154 said:

I have a sunglass company and would love to offer the group a discount code if possible.

Hmmm...Guy has a sunglass company and lives in Oakley, CA?  Could it be, lol?

That just sent me down one of those "work from home" rabbit holes.  Apparently Oakley sunglasses company was originally named after the founder's dog.