Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop suggestions for 2013 23 LSV w/ 350?

Harrison256

Looking for a little more hole shot as right now with wedge and ballast and 8 people it can barely plane out. What's the best option for heavily weighted on the 350s?

On 3/29/2020 at 11:15 PM, Harrison256 said:

Looking for a little more hole shot as right now with wedge and ballast and 8 people it can barely plane out. What's the best option for heavily weighted on the 350s?

I have a 2010 LSV with 350. I had the 1235. I got the 2419.

Night and day!  
5-6 people. Full Factory plus 700 port and 500 starboard.

I actually have throttle left now. Before it was WOT all the time. 
I did lose top end, to be expected, but it was probably 4mph. More than I expected. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in response guys. Right now I have a 1939 and with full ballast and wedge and 5-7 people I have to have people run to the bow of the boat to get the nose down, and obviously that's getting pretty old. Ws comisdering the 1235 but didn't know if it would be enough

Edit: Stock ballast btw, with the front sac (not sure if that's optional or not on 2013)

Edited by Harrison256
23 minutes ago, Harrison256 said:

Sorry for the delay in response guys. Right now I have a 1939 and with full ballast and wedge and 5-7 people I have to have people run to the bow of the boat to get the nose down, and obviously that's getting pretty old. Ws comisdering the 1235 but didn't know if it would be enough

Edit: Stock ballast btw, with the front sac (not sure if that's optional or not on 2013)

1235 is my favorite prop but not enough for your load,  if you want unlimited people and full pnp possibly lead too go 2419 or oj945

i went with the 2315 at sea level because i never have a crew but 2315 has its limits as well but not as much speed loss at 5000, i cruise 20.5-22 at 3000

where in Houston are you and where do you ride?

I have a 2010 LSV with the 2249. I run 4,450#s for surfing and wedge... it pushes all this up to 14 mph. For wakeboarding I run up to 3300#s and wedge with no issues (however I have GSA and use launch mode to get me to 15 mph then tabs come up). Without launch mode I am not sure of weight on rear as I fill full, then dump rears as i try to plane. rear lockers are 250 + 1100 pnp per side. 

Nettles prop consulted me on prop choice. I still slalom from time to time so my prop selection was not as aggressive as it could be.

My  2cents... if you're only running stock ballast with several peps an Acme 1235 would get you on plane. But down the road I suspect you'll be adding ballast and need a more aggressive prop. I'd suggest go on and get a 15" like an Acme 2315...look at that Acme 2249 that's listed for sale in the classifieds which would be very close in performance to the Acme 2315 . Besides an Acme 2249 is what kerpluxal uses...enough said.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, kerpluxal said:

where in Houston are you and where do you ride?

I have a 2010 LSV with the 2249. I run 4,450#s for surfing and wedge... it pushes all this up to 14 mph. For wakeboarding I run up to 3300#s and wedge with no issues (however I have GSA and use launch mode to get me to 15 mph then tabs come up). Without launch mode I am not sure of weight on rear as I fill full, then dump rears as i try to plane. rear lockers are 250 + 1100 pnp per side. 

Nettles prop consulted me on prop choice. I still slalom from time to time so my prop selection was not as aggressive as it could be.

Living inside the loop but riding clear Creek for the most part. Occasionally conroe

3 minutes ago, Harrison256 said:

Living inside the loop but riding clear Creek for the most part. Occasionally conroe

I am outside the loop and run on Upper San Jacinto.  You are more than welcome come out see if you want on how the 2249 performs. Only question I would have is if it would fit under your boat. I don't remember the hull change years. My 1235 went to a friend with 2003 LSV with no issues. My sister uses a 1273 on a LSV as well, but we have not ballasted that boat to see how it performs. The 1273 came from me as well and it was my backup prop.  Never really tested on wakeboarding, but issues with same setup as above for surfing.