Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds RGB LED Speaker wiring help needed

Firestomper

I bought a 2013 22MXZ and the guy told me it had interior lighting around the speakers but was unhooked. I found this to be true replacing one of the speakers and was trying to find where they may have been wired into the Boat originally. I found a cable unhooked under the dash but unable to find where it may have been tired in. Also have the wesounds remote for the RGB system just need to know where this would have been wired into the boat at. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

23 minutes ago, Firestomper said:

was trying to find where they may have been wired into the Boat originally

Ask the original owner, as those lights would not have been OEM. Being RGB, there would be a controller that drives the light colors. So no telling where the aftermarket installer, located the RGB controller.

Thanks, but the previous owner was no help, he remembers someone unhooked due to draining the battery and thinks it was under the dash. I haven’t found anything under there. I found rings on interior speakers with a light strip attached and strips under the dash and interior holes but no controller. Has wetsounds audio and amps but haven’t found any controller.

3 hours ago, Firestomper said:

Has wetsounds audio and amps but haven’t found any controller.

Sorry to not be much help either. All that brand of equipment, was not OEM so it was installed after the boat left the factory, No one but the installer, can tell you where they (the installer) located anything. Find the 4 conductor LED wire off the closest speaker to the helm, and trace it to its end. Thats where the controller is or was. 

With that said. of the controller was draining the battery, they the installer wired it directly to a battery, (another set of wires to possibly trace down to find the controller) or the previous owner never made use or the battery switch when the boat was put away.