Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Restoring ‘88 Malibu

Littlejohn444

So it’s about to come home from upholstery shop. So now I’m about to start replacing/upgrading things like rubber grips, cup holders, mirror and gauges and such. Where is the best place to find these for my year model? 

Tower recommendations? Boat cover? Is there a sun shade that will work while the ski pole is up? 

TIA

Tower: use a Fly High pole, preserve the low sleek lines, easily removable and setup (con is no board racks); but I live with it.

Boat Cover: Westland Industries - spend the extra on Sunbrella Fabric (go2marine.com)

Bimini: Wesland Industries - Sunbrella Fabric (go2marine.com); universal, just measure the beam of your boat

My universal Bimini works fine with the Fly High pole, you can either cut a hole in the bimini for the pole to go through.  But all I do is rotate the bimini forward slightly (just adjust the straps) and it clears just fine.

Agree on the Westland cover. Have had mine a few years and it is a great fit.

Been a long time since I researched towers for the 92 Skier, but we ended up getting a Monster Tower. It didnt interfere with the rope while skiing. When the boat was sold the tower was still solid. 

martinarcher

Call Cory at Evolution covers.  They are the best covers in the industry for tow boats and are truly a towable cover that doesn't require straps.  He has a pattern for your boat....because I wanted one so bad for my boat.  :thumbup:

He's also a great guy and one of the nicest people I've done business with.