Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pump for Paddle Board?

dalt1

Searched but can't find it plus maybe new and improved since last visit to the topic. Who has used or researched the best pumps? Looking for a 12 volt so I don't have to keep up with batteries. Seeing many that have the high volume and capacities to make it to the required 20PSI.

TIA Denny.

I have this exact same pump.  I highly recommend it, just set the desired PSI and walk away...only tweak is that it starts off with a "blower" pump to get most of the volume in (~1psi worth), then switches to a positive displacement pump to get the high pressure in.  Since my mat is larger than a typical SUP, I turn it off and back on again when it switches over.

Other than that, just turn it on, cover with a towel (to suppress the noise) and walk away.  It will turn off when it gets to your pre-set PSI. :thumbup:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-20PSI-Intelligent-SUP-Boat-Airbed-Electric-Inflatable-Air-Pump-Compressor-US/233528818927?hash=item365f66fcef:g:msgAAOSwJJVebxoy

Edited by formulaben

OH MY HECK!   I never knew such a thing existed.  It looks like Oldjeep and FormulaBen have the same one.  

I have always thought that high volume and pressure were not compatible.  I use a pretty cheap high volume pump, then top it off with a hand pump to get high enough pressure in it.  That has always been a little painful.  Having a pump that will push a high volume to start and then pressurize once adequate volume is there would be so much awesomeness.  Pumping up the 5 man water weenie has always been a little bit of a chore.   Finding a kid with enough energy to top it off with the manual hand pump while sweltering in the 100+ degree heat is not always easy.  

The Crew once again spending my money.  

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, oldjeep said:

This is the one we have.  Works great for our sup and reef mat.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FKJ6JYK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I’m pretty sure we bought this one based on recommendations on here last fall for my brother in laws birthday. He said it is working great. 

https://www.amazon.com/NALANDA-Electric-Quick-Fill-Inflatable-Kayaks/dp/B07FKJ6JYK/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

So these are set with the compatible end to plug right in the the paddle board fill? No other attachments included or usable with these? Can I inflate my Exile balls with this?

27 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

https://www.amazon.com/NALANDA-Electric-Quick-Fill-Inflatable-Kayaks/dp/B07FKJ6JYK/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

So these are set with the compatible end to plug right in the the paddle board fill? No other attachments included or usable with these? Can I inflate my Exile balls with this?

It connects to a standard paddleboard socket and came with 2 o rings of different thicknesses because apparently the depth isn't as standard on those connections.   I don't remember it coming with any adapters for anything but an SUP socket.  If it did they got tossed in a drawer somewhere.  I did cut the cig plug off and hardwire a plug to my battery (with a fuse).  The standard battery tender type.  So I can just plug straight into that - can't stand cig plug adapters

Edited by oldjeep
3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I don't remember it coming with any adapters for anything but an SUP socket.  If it did they got tossed in a drawer somewhere. 

Pretty sure mine came with a couple adapters for blowing up generic inflatables, but for a few more dollars you can get this one with several adapters.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the reviews of these are not that great, looks like a little bit of a gamble.  

I am probably going to go with the orange and black one from Amazon.  Stop me now if I am making a mistake.  

18 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Some of the reviews of these are not that great, looks like a little bit of a gamble.  

I am probably going to go with the orange and black one from Amazon.  Stop me now if I am making a mistake.  

FWIW - my orange and black one did come with a bunch of adapters, noticed them in the glove compartment of the boat a couple days ago when I was cleaning.

2 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I just got mine but no adapters?image.thumb.png.02ec2f7c894c0995b065bef51b67665a.png

3 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

I just got mine but no adapters?image.thumb.png.02ec2f7c894c0995b065bef51b67665a.png

Maybe its a crapshoot.  They don't show any in the Amazon ad, but I have some that fit my pump.  Could be that they came with one of the manual pumps we have and that is why they wound up in the boat.

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, oldjeep said:

It connects to a standard paddleboard socket and came with 2 o rings of different thicknesses because apparently the depth isn't as standard on those connections.   I don't remember it coming with any adapters for anything but an SUP socket.  If it did they got tossed in a drawer somewhere.  I did cut the cig plug off and hardwire a plug to my battery (with a fuse).  The standard battery tender type.  So I can just plug straight into that - can't stand cig plug adapters

Can you tell me what fuse size came in these pumps? My steel center pin has come up missing along with the fuse. I need to find a new plug to use but need the fuse size.image.thumb.png.f0204042d860e5cda3ec4ac5cba6b297.png

Edited by dalt1

No idea what the original glass fuse was.  I cut the cig plug off and replaced with a battery tender type plug.  The other end of my plug setup has a 15 amp blade fuse and is attached directly to one of my batteries.

Edited by oldjeep
  • 11 months later...