Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RGB LED project

Brandonloos21

Going to be doing an RGB LED project on my 17 T23. Going to be doing all speaker led rings, floor lighting, and underwater lighting. I have already ordered the speaker rings and the RGB controller. Looking for suggestions on underwater lights (our boat sits in the water most of the time if that matters) and also suggestions on floor lighting (both must be RGB). 

I will be posting diy updates. As I start this project from start to finish! Suggestions are always welcome. Going to start off by soldering 4 pin plug and play connectors to the rings once the parts come in! Pics will be added. 

• 1 month later...

Spent tonight soldering RGB waterproof quick connectors to the light rings and 6 wires, such that I could easily attach them or de attach them and not have to run new wire under the gunnel if one goes bad. Used about 150 ft of cable between the 6, so that I don’t have to keep going back and soldering, and I wanted to make sure I had enough! 

C804-B250-63-EE-4-FCD-B7-D5-7361845-B036

9-E657063-4-B2-E-408-F-8561-3-C1-A71-BA0

CDDA644-D-4364-489-C-B82-C-6-F2940-FD736

• Like 3

Made a “board” that will hold the controller and all of the rgb terminals using 2 6 way rgb splitters and 6 8 terminal terminal blocks. If you have this controller, where’s a good place to mount it, and should I put it in a waterproof casing? F317567-A-344-F-4-C06-B42-C-39-BDED826-A789015-B8-A910-4443-808-A-F88-B35-D62-FA

• Like 1

I have been thinking of doing something like this, so I googled the controller you have. It's a $25 controller that looks identical to the Wetsounds one that runs $129. Hmmmmm

6 hours ago, LS1boarder said:

I have been thinking of doing something like this, so I googled the controller you have. It's a $25 controller that looks identical to the Wetsounds one that runs $129. Hmmmmm

My thoughts exactly, not to mention we already know wetsounds is beyond proud of their items. $400 for swivel clamps... ripoff