Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Corona virus and new boat delivery

greg2222

On the Oregon Deschutes national forest website all national forest service campgrounds, boat ramps and bathroom facilities closed on national forest till September 30th. If this is the case we have way more problems then getting are boats on the water. Man all the marina's and restaurants are done.  

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/deschutes/home

47 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

On the Oregon Deschutes national forest website all national forest service campgrounds, boat ramps and bathroom facilities closed on national forest till September 30th. If this is the case we have way more problems then getting are boats on the water. Man all the marina's and restaurants are done.  

First and foremost I really feel bad for the local marina and local businesses that depend on summer lake business. I hope all those affected will be OK. 

Oh Crud! I just found out that the lake near me, where I have a slip, is officially closed - Millerton Lake. No boats allowed on the water. And, in reading the update on the CA Parks website, all CA. parks are closed to vehicle traffic. See below:

UPDATE (March 29, 2020): Vehicle access closed at ALL 280 state parks. To date, California State Parks has taken various safety measures to avoid dangerous visitation surges and help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Safety measures include temporarily closing all campgrounds, museums and visitor centers in the state park system; cancelling all events; and closing vehicle access at certain parks and beaches, and fully closing others. For more information on closures, open parks and social/ physical distancing resources, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.

I get closing camping sites but why close the boat ramps? Anyone want to buy a brand new 2020 Malibu M240 with every option other than the over-the-tower cover?

Chris

Edited by Chrismoe
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
ahopkins22LSV
50 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

Where does it say until September 30th? Nothing is predicting this will last that long. 

27 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Where does it say until September 30th? Nothing is predicting this will last that long. 

Sorry the September 30th date is for the Willamette national forest not deschutes national forest. I would assume all forests will be closed here soon. 

Very sad for local marinas and businesses.   

37 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

It’s all National Forests in the PNW, through 9/30.

Our local boat launch is closed too, as long as the state shelter in place rules are in place.

9B7EBB4B-2E96-4A8F-83B2-859A7E5AD6AB.thumb.jpeg.97663fe1cfa09c595a05a1b418cd92f1.jpeg
EDC54DAC-825E-41BD-9DED-3CFFA46FA5C9.thumb.jpeg.d4fd8e5478b6e29b515de4a93647755a.jpeg

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, dwc032 said:

Wow... end of Sept seems a bit extreme.  :-O I would hope they just tossed out a date way out in the future knowing they could pull it back in if the dust settles.  In WA they closed all state parks (including ramps, etc) but I don't expect it to be an "all summer" thing.

12 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Wow... end of Sept seems a bit extreme.  :-O I would hope they just tossed out a date way out in the future knowing they could pull it back in if the dust settles.  In WA they closed all state parks (including ramps, etc) but I don't expect it to be an "all summer" thing.

Agreed, that date is absolutely ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, gregtay said:

In WA they closed all state parks (including ramps, etc) but I don't expect it to be an "all summer" thing.

They also closed down fishing. Super bummed, was gonna take the kids out on the fishing boat to get out of the house and give mom a much needed break. 

our shelter-in-place rules here in AZ make provisions for parks and golf courses.  Governor even said "the weather is great.  Go outside, but be safe."  Except the dang ramps are all closed.  :yuk:

45 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

our shelter-in-place rules here in AZ make provisions for parks and golf courses.  Governor even said "the weather is great.  Go outside, but be safe."  Except the dang ramps are all closed.  :yuk:

Weather sucks here, but even the golf courses have been closed. I was supposed to play in a tourney last weekend that was cancelled.

7 hours ago, UWSkier said:

At the moment there is no exclusion in MN for golf courses, saw a group of people on the news with an online petition to get that changed.  Although I'd assume that if they get an exemption that tournaments or any large group stuff would be not allowed.

Ramps are open - where the water is open.

Edited by oldjeep

You guys should file a petition that's ridiculous.. I'd launch my boat if somebody starts approaching start coughing or print some hot yellow covid19 positive family/self isolating flyers and stick them on the outside of your boat so when the officer pulls up they drive off 😂

Most parks in Indiana are free now no admittance cost even if you don't have a Parks pass.. bike trails and hiking trails are open playgrounds and other amenities are closed. We have been taking the kids to our local park and it has been great to get outside.. 

Edited by The Hulk

If these rules spread Malibu will be filing for bankruptcy if they aren't already navigating those Waters along with all the other boat companies and service industries marinas you name it.. 

most of these states are going to start extending their lockdown dates through midsummer... especially when several of the Midwest states don't peek for a month or two..

and I don't know why everybody is so concerned about the peak date other than the fact that you still can't go back to normal after the peak date because then it will just start again.. it's kind of like giving people false hope that it'll all be over after those dates.. 

Some of these new rules are absolutely absurd though.. 

At least we have concluded one thing after this liquor stores are essential and schools are not 😂😂

Edited by The Hulk
6 minutes ago, IXFE said:

@The Hulk

Please don’t ruin this thread also. I’ve already sworn off the other covid thread. For the sake of my sanity, I’m asking you to “quarantine“ the uneducated doom and gloom to the other thread.  

#keeptmcvirusfree

Sorry I'm entering depression, just called to get boat out incase things get worse, I'm on a Waiting list now, maybe end of April, assuming MI doesn't change lockdown orders.. I was thinking bring back to IN and have it ready.. this is going to majorly impact new boat deliveries/prep/service more than we realize as the mandates continue. There needs to be a bit more rational such as maybe closed showroom but allowing service to operate..

Rumor has it single fisherman kicked off a lake yesterday just north of us in MI by the DNR, threatened ticket due to stay at home orders.. 

Edited by The Hulk
1 minute ago, JeffK said:

I believe I read Malibu has the ability to draw down on a line of credit they have in place.  

They should apply for one of the new covid19 loans.. if needed over conventional. I'm sure they will be looking into it.. possible loan forgiveness and lower rates if business revenue is down by 50% that is one stipulation for qualifying.. could be a good deal if u can navigate the rules

8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

The weather here has been terrible as well.  I have no restrictions on my lake here, but I also don't yet have docks or hoists in as they have not yet been moved to the new lake. 

For the MN folks.  Ramp/lake usage per the DNR.  I suspect each state/agency has a page similar that is telling you what is open in terms of public lands/lakes

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/covid-19.html

Can I still go outside?

Executive Order 20-20 allows people to be outdoors, engaging in activities such as walking, running, and fishing and hunting. Minnesotans can continue to enjoy parks and other public recreation lands. We urge outdoor enthusiasts to:

Stay close to home.

Not congregate when outdoors.

Follow social distancing guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health .

What is open?

Minnesota’s waters. You can fish if you have a license. Normal seasons and regulations apply.

Hunting seasons. There are no changes to upcoming hunting seasons. Normal regulations apply.

State parks. Bathrooms, vault toilets and shower buildings currently open will remain open. Other facilities are closed (see below).

Public land. Wildlife management areas, state forests, and Scientific and Natural Areas are open for recreation. Campgrounds are closed.

Public water accesses. State-managed public accesses are open, though the availability of amenities, such as docks, are contingent upon seasonal maintenance.

Doesn't say if the various agencies are going to be putting the docks in the water (where they are removable and sitting on shore).  I suspect they will.  In the case of the launch we use most often - it is in a 3 rivers Park, which has also said that parks are open - buildings are closed.

Edited by oldjeep

The problem i mainly see are these stay at home mandates in hot zones that will continue to spread to more areas in the future. And how do those legally trump all the current rules?  Public/private ramps/bodies of water etc..

MI needs to wake up.. lot of over reaction going on without any common sense

Edited by The Hulk
On 3/30/2020 at 9:55 AM, asnowman said:

This is why ours live at the house, its on our schedule.

20191025_185659.thumb.jpg.17e63332ba61f664aa0d0bda16e3bbb1.jpg

least year i put them away ready to hit the lake, now just waiting for the water to warm up.

Where did you find this storage set-up? Asking for a friend. Haha