Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dashboard Switch Wiring - 2007 Response

lorien

I just got my boat back after having the dash re-upholstered.  Wiring was obviously put back together incorrectly and now the heater fan switch doesn't work properly.  When the switch is in the down or middle position, the upper light is illuminated, but no fan comes on (see photo).  When I press the top of the switch both lights come on and the heater fan comes on high.

I'm wondering if anyone can provide a photo or diagram of the wire locations on the back of their switch.  Even just a list of which wires go where would be super helpful.  I tried some random changes, but kept tripping the breaker.  Thanks in advance.  (this is the last step in my SeaDek project and related interior upgrades)

aBVabYS.jpg

Edited by lorien
typo

Hey @macdaddy I did a carpet to Seadek install this winter and that morphed into a good deal of upholstery work also.  SeaDek was about $2,500 all told, so not much more than having the carpet replaced.  For the upholstery, we had to replace the dash and glove box, redid the side panels (top and bottom), and we replaced carpet with vinyl on the bottom on the engine cover and the jump seat.  That part of the project was done by Fine Line Trim and Upholstery in Rancho Cordova. 

The price was $4,000, which stung,  I'm not gonna lie, but they did the removal/replacement of the dash and glove box (which I wasn't prepared to attempt).  The work they did is exceptional, and although the price was high, the whole project was still 20X cheaper than buying a new boat, so I'm happy.  We love our boat, so this makes it feel new again.

Pics of that project are here (you need to click "see more" to get to the full set):  https://imgur.com/gallery/tzJgGTG?fbclid=IwAR0gCWaWFzr9MFJ042q1qbaeDY-SrM-LfEdhhawhJKZpuFbnYW_V9We_gKI

On 3/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, lorien said:

I just got my boat back after having the dash re-upholstered.  Wiring was obviously put back together incorrectly and now the heater fan switch doesn't work properly.  When the switch is in the down or middle position, the upper light is illuminated, but no fan comes on (see photo).  When I press the top of the switch both lights come on and the heater fan comes on high.

I'm wondering if anyone can provide a photo or diagram of the wire locations on the back of their switch.  Even just a list of which wires go where would be super helpful.  I tried some random changes, but kept tripping the breaker.  Thanks in advance.  (this is the last step in my SeaDek project and related interior upgrades)

aBVabYS.jpg

I remember changing the black plastic switch surround for chrome on my 06 VLX. Seemed like 100 wires to un hook and get reattached correctly. Glad that was your only slip, glad you figured it out.