Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 VRide Bow bag

YeloBlammo

2011 VRide

It only came with rear hard tanks sub-floor.

I was probably going to purchase a wakemaker piggyback system for the back (900lbs)

My question is for the front.

My front seating area has an insert to create a playpen or take it out and you can sit with your feet to the floor.

I would "like" to plumb in a bag in to fit under the front seat to maintain seating.

It would end up being a V-shape. Is that going to be much weight? Which one to get?

Should I just get a triangle to fill the whole playpen? (obviously loosing seating)

Should I just get a rectangle to fit under the playpen and into the walkway?  The weight might be too far back?

I'm trying to find a balance between space and function.

I am not interested in lead.

Thanks

In my last and current boats (2004 VLX and 2011 VLX) I use a 650 V sack with a reversible pump plumbed in and a quick connect. In the 2004 I could place it under the seating up front totally hidden but could only fill it a little over half full. It worked much better throwing it on top when I had less people. For me 650 was and is plenty extra up front and with extra people in front putting it under the seat was also plenty. It was great having the option. 

My 2011 I have 4 stock tanks + 450's in each rear compartment and 650 up front plumbed in with 3 reversible pumps wired to toggle switches next to the throttle (I may have a picture). I cant say enough good things about this set up. I tried the piggy back thing and found it way to slow. When I fill everything now the 650 is the last to fill. I predict other crew members will back me up on this. Once you go with dedicated reversible pumps you will wonder why you didn't do it day 1. With all ballast full and fake gate attached I think I have the biggest surf wake possible in a 2011 VLX.  

ballast 2.JPG

ballast 4.JPG

ballast 5.JPG

In this shot you can see the V-sack in my 2011 as its filling up front. you can still put a person in front with it full. the second shot is my old 2004 VLX surf wake. with your next gen hull in your v-ride you should have a better surf wave than this.

river.png

IMG_0159.JPG

On 3/22/2020 at 12:04 PM, windy1 said:

In my last and current boats (2004 VLX and 2011 VLX) I use a 650 V sack with a reversible pump plumbed in and a quick connect. In the 2004 I could place it under the seating up front totally hidden but could only fill it a little over half full. It worked much better throwing it on top when I had less people. For me 650 was and is plenty extra up front and with extra people in front putting it under the seat was also plenty. It was great having the option. 

My 2011 I have 4 stock tanks + 450's in each rear compartment and 650 up front plumbed in with 3 reversible pumps wired to toggle switches next to the throttle (I may have a picture). I cant say enough good things about this set up. I tried the piggy back thing and found it way to slow. When I fill everything now the 650 is the last to fill. I predict other crew members will back me up on this. Once you go with dedicated reversible pumps you will wonder why you didn't do it day 1. With all ballast full and fake gate attached I think I have the biggest surf wake possible in a 2011 VLX.  

So that 650lb v bag fit under your seat, but wouldn't fill all the way...but you would pull it out on top when you wanted to fill all the way?

Good idea, I could live with that.

I didn't think of isolating the rear system in stead of piggyback. So leave the (sub-floor) hard tanks as-is and wire in the locker bags with a reversable?

48 minutes ago, YeloBlammo said:

So that 650lb v bag fit under your seat, but wouldn't fill all the way...but you would pull it out on top when you wanted to fill all the way?

Good idea, I could live with that.

I didn't think of isolating the rear system in stead of piggyback. So leave the (sub-floor) hard tanks as-is and wire in the locker bags with a reversable?

I removed the front seats and horse shoe that supports the seats (it is just screwed in). Plumbed a 1100 triangle in, built platform for seats and put platform and seats back in... If no one seats in front I can fill full (platform and seats rise), if people decide to sit in front (never really happens on my boat) I can let out so they can and then they are the extra ballast that was required anyways

IMG_20180421_180635217_HDR_zpsyldd5mu7.j

IMG_20180421_173406121_HDR_zpszqgimwal.j

IMG_20180421_161721149_zpsgkrqlrcw.jpg

IMG_20180421_190416654_zps0mqwjxjx.jpg

IMG_20180421_192846963_zpsklk8ppsl.jpg

I also have 1100's piggy backed in my rear locker. I did not use WakeMakers piggy back kit. I copied Malibu's piggy back system and replaced fill with 1100 gph pumps. The pirahana pumps have .75 inlet with 1 1/8 outlet on their 1100s. I only had to change the tank inlet to 1" (plumbing stores did not have a 1 1/8 elbow). I also run with 650's under coffins (23LSV) and only fill surfside.

I have GSA surf system. Below pic is when I had 300 under coffin. 3 adults in boat and 1 rider.

20180729_141556_zps0kharkyn.jpg

Edited by kerpluxal

I have all stock ballast as it came from the factory (4 tanks). The 3 reversible pumps are plumbed separate from the stock ballast so I have 7 pumps total.

on my 2004 when I used the v-sack under the seats up front I would fill it until the seats cushions got pushed up.

Edited by windy1