Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a spare tire mount

mtvnuccio

I just purchased a 2020 Axis A22,  I'm trying to find a spare tire mount for the trailer. Apparently axis doesn't include a spare tire mount with there new trailers. anybody know where i can find one?

29 minutes ago, mtvnuccio said:

I just purchased a 2020 Axis A22,  I'm trying to find a spare tire mount for the trailer. Apparently axis doesn't include a spare tire mount with there new trailers. anybody know where i can find one?

Your dealer doesn't offer any acceptable options?  Depending on your trailer, this can be as simple as a properly-spaced U-Bolt and two lug nuts.

Just make sure you get something beefy.  Most of those U-bolt on types are not meant for the weight of a malibu trailer sized tire.

I broke 2 of these fulton ones on my Bayliner trailer and those were only 175's

https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-STC1000101-Spare-Carrier-Bolt/dp/B000KKENBM/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1H69OVPML67TH&dchild=1&keywords=spare+tire+mount&qid=1584961819&sprefix=spare+t%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-6

On 3/23/2020 at 6:11 AM, oldjeep said:

Just make sure you get something beefy.  Most of those U-bolt on types are not meant for the weight of a malibu trailer sized tire.

I broke 2 of these fulton ones on my Bayliner trailer and those were only 175's

https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-STC1000101-Spare-Carrier-Bolt/dp/B000KKENBM/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1H69OVPML67TH&dchild=1&keywords=spare+tire+mount&qid=1584961819&sprefix=spare+t%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-6

I too used the cheapie mount on my 2012 Boatmate trailer. OldJeep is right, check your mounts every year as when I took my spare off mine after 2 years, the mount was ready to break off and let it and my spare go bouncing down the highway on its own. I then completely boxed the C channel with other reinforcements. Glad I caught it before failure. Imagine your wheel and mount falling off at 65 MPH right in front of your own trailer front wheel. No telling the amount of damage or death it could cause.