Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speaker Box Build

moviewithnotitle

I finally got around to organizing some pictures from summer 2019 and wanted to share this project.

It sucks how low the tower crossbar is on the 2019 A22, but it's what I got and what I had to work with. I'm only 5'10", but there was NO WAY I was hanging a box off the bottom of the tower as I did in my previous boat. Adding a box on top of the tower IMHO looks silly. So this positioning was a no brainer, but it meant 2 boxes, and double the work. I started with simple templates to see how it would size up on the tower. I used one of the mounting holes for the upper board racks as the main attachment point to build around. I'm using (4)  6.5" speakers as I have done in previous builds. Once I got the general angles set, I cut up the wood and started piecing it together. Wrapped in fleece to get the general shape, then glassed the boxes and sanded them down. I honestly was NOT planning to make these look pretty. The Goal here was to make some functional boxes and to blend them into the tower so they do not draw attention. This was also a concept, just to see if this would work and didn't look like two turds. As it turns out, they came out really good and sound great for the limited amount of time I have put into them. So I finished up the sanding, painted them flat black as close to matched the tower as possible. Mounted the speakers, ran the wiring thru the tower and done!  Sadly I don't seem to have a pic with the speakers installed. Doh! 

Where there's a will, there's a way! 

I have a lot more pics if anyone is interested. 

Happy Building! 
MWNT

Tower-Speaker (3).jpg

Tower-Speaker.jpg

Tower-Speaker (2).jpg

Tower-Speaker (1).jpg

Tower-Speaker (4).jpg

Tower-Speaker (5).jpg

Tower-Speaker (6).jpg

Tower-Speaker (7).jpg

Tower-Speaker (8).jpg

Tower-Speaker (9).jpg