Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

COVID19 - Deals this fall on new boats...

gregtay

I am going to go ahead and toss this out there because I am curious to hear other people's opinion.... But I think this might be the year for many of you to buy a new boat! (not me.. I ordered one last spring. so I am good)  I am going to guess with the COVID-19 impacts on the market there are a ton of new boats (boat show orders) being built that will be rejected when they show up at the dealers in a few months due to people having second thoughts about spending the money (don't look at your portfolio!).  This could be the year (much like 2008) where we see a huge number of unsold boats sitting on dealers lots come this fall which will bring great prices.  I know that worked out really well for me in 2008 as I was happy to grab a great deal.  This dip in the market might be spark to reset the boat industry pricing.  I think the market will recover but the timing is pretty bad for boat sales with this happening in the spring.

So if you are in the market for a new boat this might be your year!

(I live about 2 miles from the epicenter of the outbreak in the US in Kirkland... so living this every day: Kids are all out of school (our district is still "open" and we are basically homeschooling them based on what the teacher sends each morning (it has been an adjustment!!.. my wife is about to go crazy) and my company has everyone working from home.  Sadly it's cold (30's-40s) and raining out otherwise we would be getting out on the lake during the day.)

Maybe... or you could sink that money into a depressed market and be able to buy a few M240s with the recovery upswing.  :)

Gotta imagine MBUU stock is going to be hurting for a while though.

• Like 3