Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skylon Clamping Racks

agarabaghi

Been in communication with the guys over skylon about their direct bolt on for malibu and axis skylock racks.

These are the same style as on the G23 but now also offered in a horizontal position. Prob not much interest from the Malibu crowd, but for those older malibus out there, they have adapters for Malibu Gx, G4, G3 and Illusion X as well.

They also have the adapters for the Axis AW20, AW10 and the original AW tower if needed.  

At $2750 a pair its not a bad way to get clamping racks using the exiting swivel mount from your older racks. Def cheaper than the PTM option which is i believe $3800 a pair.

I personally like the way the horizontal look vs the vertical, but you can use both. Horizontal will have clearance on the top mounting holes on the axis tower.

They are taking pre order now as well.

oLM9gKO.jpgahCbL9p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Anyone have an update on these?  I dislike the PTM clamping racks.  Lost a board in rough water last summer and looking for a replacement.  Looking for those who have used them for a few days and rough water?

Thanks

I got mine last season and like them but one time I didn't do a great job securing the clamp and a board flew off. Pretty sure it was user error. Other than that one incident I have had no issues. I really like them and think they look sleeker than PTM, plus the price is better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w14s4p1ub5h1p6/2020-08-20 14.37.03.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj1kkh6m7yiz992/2020-08-21 09.44.13.jpg?dl=0