Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best upgrades for your almost new boat?

Mattyb

Hey All,  l have been loving my 19' 23LSV that we enjoyed all summer.  Thought I might get some opinions on people favorite upgrades that they have installed or purchased to their boats.  Here is what I have done:

- Gator Step everywhere, got as many extra pieces as possible

- Extra lead bags, mostly stuffed into the bow and middle of the boat (to balance out the added bags in the rear locker)

- Upgraded prop from Wake-makers for high altitude

This winter I am adding:

- a couple hundred extra lbs of weight, plus some grip tape to help hold them in place

- upgraded Wetsounds amps (I would really like to have a custom sub enclosure built, but cannot find someone locally who seems like they could do it)

- a heated blanket.  Mornings and evenings can get cold, this keep some of the colder folks in our family on the water a little longer.

What have you all done?  Would love to keep making "Malibooty" (the kids named her) even better for the coming season!

17 25 LSV, that I have decided I'm keeping a long time.  Love this boat more than all my others put together.  I'm up grading all my amps, 3 SDX6s running everything.  Installing 4 zone led controller and led rings, golf cart batteries for the system, black gator step, shark fin highlights, for the floor.  Boats at the shop getting the tower rewired with the wetsounds LED wet wire right now.  Once I get it back all the rest begins

Mines named misappropriated funds, long funny boat dock story behind it 

Edited by CJAY
  • Like 3

Adding the heated seat now on mine. All wiring is already there. Purchase aftermarket heat pad and installing it on the bottom cushion only on mine. Extend the front bow storage compartment that is behind the starboard bow seat backrest. Did that to fit my box anchor in it.

Make and install the front trailer step.image.thumb.png.58604c42bc57094a6102fe306cc13779.pngimage.thumb.png.4f47a07ea79e334426203eedbdf29ea3.pngimage.thumb.png.35d8df65bb6c2b4326759d77200106bf.png

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Hey All,  l have been loving my 19' 23LSV that we enjoyed all summer.  Thought I might get some opinions on people favorite upgrades that they have installed or purchased to their boats.  Here is what I have done:

- Extra lead bags, mostly stuffed into the bow and middle of the boat (to balance out the added bags in the rear locker)

This winter I am adding:

- a couple hundred extra lbs of weight, plus some grip tape to help hold them in place

- upgraded Wetsounds amps (I would really like to have a custom sub enclosure built, but cannot find someone locally who seems like they could do it)

- a heated blanket.  Mornings and evenings can get cold, this keep some of the colder folks in our family on the water a little longer.

What have you all done?  Would love to keep making "Malibooty" (the kids named her) even better for the coming season!

Heated blanket is a great idea!

19 hours ago, Mattyb said:

This winter I am adding:

You’re on the right track with sub replacement you can do it!!  Actually you’re halfway home having changed out your amps. What did you get?

PM me if you need help!

Edited by IXFE

I am having a local shop put in a JL Audio media master head unit and transom remote in our 13 23 LSV. . I am installing plug and play Wakemakers bags. Both should be good editions!!

If you trailer, get a beefier 2 speed winch and replace the undersized one that came on the trailer.  Other than being a strain to crank up the boat, I and quite a few others with 23LSVs had the stock winch mount plate bend.  The bigger winch makes it so easy to get the boat on the roller at the end of the day!

I installed an on-board battery charger over the winter.  Makes off season maintenance charging easy and also nice to know that the batteries are topped off before a weekend at the lake.

@dalt1, Can I get a closer pic or description of how you fit the anchor in that storage compartment.  I agree that there is a bunch of empty space in there, and would love to put my anchor in there also.  

Last year I added gatorstep around the sides, went from a pair of Rev 8s to Rev10s, LED set up on all speakers, extended my bimini height range in the rear, and 250lbs of lead in the front.  This spring I am adding a 3 tube heater and I think I will tint the windows.  

21 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

@dalt1, Can I get a closer pic or description of how you fit the anchor in that storage compartment.  I agree that there is a bunch of empty space in there, and would love to put my anchor in there also.  

Would love to see that as well!

22 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Adding the heated seat now on mine. All wiring is already there. Purchase aftermarket heat pad and installing it on the bottom cushion only on mine. Extend the front bow storage compartment that is behind the starboard bow seat backrest. Did that to fit my box anchor in it.

Make and install the front trailer step.image.thumb.png.58604c42bc57094a6102fe306cc13779.pngimage.thumb.png.4f47a07ea79e334426203eedbdf29ea3.pngimage.thumb.png.35d8df65bb6c2b4326759d77200106bf.png

Is that seat wiring also in the 2019 seats?  

1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

Found a kitchen garbage can about the size I wanted and made it image.thumb.png.d8b483152838a95f7f8f1e56de92ee10.pngwork.image.thumb.png.3645a77bf9acc32bf0a2e1f1dc2d34cc.pngimage.thumb.png.1931b1a68684c593ac50824a6192995c.pngimage.thumb.png.c1d795f992cf8527637fd2bc6218c813.png

Edited by dalt1
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, breakz77 said:

Adding the HyperRyd racks

https://hyperryddesigns.com/

Never saw those before.  Awesome.  I want, but pricing is ridiculous IMO.  $399 for a pair and I'm all over it.  $500 for a CNCd aluminum plate and some hardware is pretty unreal... even for this high cost industry! 

I guess it's marginally less ridiculous than $4500 for a PTM clamp rack, though.

5 hours ago, ajive said:

Never saw those before.  Awesome.  I want, but pricing is ridiculous IMO.  $399 for a pair and I'm all over it.  $500 for a CNCd aluminum plate and some hardware is pretty unreal... even for this high cost industry! 

I guess it's marginally less ridiculous than $4500 for a PTM clamp rack, though.

They are pricey but what isn't once you say boat haha

Actually they're $75 off each right now on a boat show special they're running and includes a free board sock which is normally $50

@IXFE I got the SD6 and SD2 replacements from Wetsounds.  Would love a sub box like what you build, just not in my skill set, or available time.  Need to find someone locally who I know could do a great job on it.

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:20 PM, dalt1 said:

@dalt1 I'm looking into adding a drivers seat heating pad to my 2017 23 LSV too. Curious, were those wires tucked down in that middle hole or were they laying right there on top? I had a couple minutes the other day so I took the seat pad off but didn't see the wires at first glance. I'll try and fish in that hole but wasn't sure if I was wasting my time or not. Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, phinz said:

I liked the idea of a net but the price was to high. I then saw another thread that said to use a window net used for auto racing. Let me know what you think

image.thumb.png.f1b41829e276f2f9b31c18181fcd5b54.png

I like this idea.  How are you planning to mount it?

My best upgrade is definitely the custom made rear bimini extension.  We often boat in 110+ temps and this is a must.  Sorry for only attaching this video as I can't figure out how to attach photos.  This video was made for my kids who use my boat and forget the setup procedure.  https://youtu.be/Xbm3apPhZH0

12 minutes ago, PopsA22 said:

I like this idea.  How are you planning to mount it?

idk, let me know what you do

Laguna Beach? I am over in Ladera and go to Havasu all the time. We need to meet up on the lake one of these days.

3 hours ago, woods103 said:

@dalt1 I'm looking into adding a drivers seat heating pad to my 2017 23 LSV too. Curious, were those wires tucked down in that middle hole or were they laying right there on top? I had a couple minutes the other day so I took the seat pad off but didn't see the wires at first glance. I'll try and fish in that hole but wasn't sure if I was wasting my time or not. Thanks for the help!

They were under the seat pedestal mount. You will have to pull seat mount to get under it. I found them when running plumbing and cutting holes for for my heater Tubes. Possibly be able to get to it by pulling the wall from the starboard storage area behind drivers seat. The front wall is removable on my 18 but that is also the redesign year for this model.                                                                                                      image.png.6b76fc64a1a339f8208fc7bc33ddd199.png It was right under where I drilled for my heater tube.

12 hours ago, dalt1 said:

They were under the seat pedestal mount. You will have to pull seat mount to get under it. I found them when running plumbing and cutting holes for for my heater Tubes. Possibly be able to get to it by pulling the wall from the starboard storage area behind drivers seat. The front wall is removable on my 18 but that is also the redesign year for this model.                                                                                                      image.png.6b76fc64a1a339f8208fc7bc33ddd199.png It was right under where I drilled for my heater tube.

Ok awesome, I was hoping you were going to say that! I will get in there and see what I can find. One more question for ya, what heating element did you end up with? Still working good? Appreciate the help, been wanting to do this since we got the boat! :)