Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

seat - riser - you thoughts PLEASE

fishermen1918

All,

As many of you know my 2007 wakesetter LSV seat is too low and the windshield is always in my way ERRRRRR.  i say ever year i'm gonna fix this however THIS IS THE YEAR . 

I see there are limited after maket ideas/solutions and they all are around $100.00 each.. 

What if I  use (4 " inch square aluminum tubeing) that i already have from my older boat lift ..  and remove the seat  and somehow attach this onto the orginal brackett to make it higher.  Of course also paint the tubes black 

The seat does swivel and this is my worry .. it may be a lil tricker !!  

Any ideas..  

10 hours ago, Kojak said:

this is one of my favorite options I have bought for my 08 VLX

I used 3" long by 1" diameter pipe nipples on mine (which does not swivel) in like 2011 and it's been great.  For free, I would try the aluminum tubing.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, fishermen1918 said:

All,

As many of you know my 2007 wakesetter LSV seat is too low and the windshield is always in my way ERRRRRR.  i say ever year i'm gonna fix this however THIS IS THE YEAR . 

I see there are limited after maket ideas/solutions and they all are around $100.00 each.. 

What if I  use (4 " inch square aluminum tubeing) that i already have from my older boat lift ..  and remove the seat  and somehow attach this onto the orginal brackett to make it higher.  Of course also paint the tubes black 

The seat does swivel and this is my worry .. it may be a lil tricker !!  

Any ideas..  

I did exactly that on my 07 VTX 2 summers ago.  It works great, but if I were doing it again, I would prefer 3" instead of 4".  4" is great, because you can just set 2 of them side by side and they fit perfectly.

This is on my short list of projects, I like the eBay riser but think there are much cheaper ways to get the same result.  I'd love to see your finished project. 

I am curious about this...I have never felt my seat was too low.  It has the flip up bolster, which is handy with someone in tow, but otherwise it feels OK.  

Are guys trying to get your head above the windshield?

2 hours ago, ilovetrains said:

I am curious about this...I have never felt my seat was too low.  It has the flip up bolster, which is handy with someone in tow, but otherwise it feels OK.  

Are guys trying to get your head above the windshield?

Yes, line of site above the windshield.  I'm 5'8" and even sitting on the bolster I'm WAY below.  I've been boating for decades, and I've never had a boat that I could sit in the seat fully and see without some modification or bolster plus some.  My windows are also tinted which makes getting above the rail even a bigger deal for me.  Just a matter of preference, my son is 6'4" and still doesn't like how low the seat is. 

Just a quick update and shout out to @tmsbilletparts

Ordered last Friday, received it yesterday, installed today.  Love it, worked out perfect.  With the bolster up, I'm sitting right where I want to be!  Even with the bolster down I feel so much more comfortable with the height. 

Seat Riser 1.jpeg

Seat Riser.jpeg

On 3/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, dalt1 said:

Make your own, 3" or 4" aluminum tubing of your choice.image.thumb.png.1e4090d3eb4269a3ce81c2a78ff58797.pngimage.thumb.png.bc1ebea102266a3b7386c4019f9bfddf.png

Where would you get this tubing?? Also would this interfere with the seat tilting?the guy on ebay said he could sell the “Malibu “ one for 75.00

thank you 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:50 PM, jonthefireman said:

Just a quick update and shout out to @tmsbilletparts

Ordered last Friday, received it yesterday, installed today.  Love it, worked out perfect.  With the bolster up, I'm sitting right where I want to be!  Even with the bolster down I feel so much more comfortable with the height. 

Seat Riser 1.jpeg

Seat Riser.jpeg

Looks great 

how much did you pay if  If may ask ?? 
Does you seat swivel?? Mine does not and kinda wanna keep it that way !!!

and you said you head is over the windshield?? Now ..if so I may break down and pick this up 

much appreciated 

9 hours ago, fishermen1918 said:

Looks great 

and you said you head is over the windshield?? Now ..if so I may break down and pick this up 

much appreciated 

FWIW, I'm 5'7", and my wife and daughter are both 5'1".  I did this exact same modification about three seasons ago on my 2006.  I can't remember how much I paid back then, but it was worth every penny, IMHO.

My seat still swivels, provided that you pull up the lever that otherwise keeps it locked into place.  I much prefer that it still swivels, when needed.  YMMV.

With the bolster down, the seat on my boat is just about the perfect height for full visualization through the windshield.  With the bolster up, my line of sight is over the windshield.

9 hours ago, fishermen1918 said:

Where would you get this tubing?? Also would this interfere with the seat tilting?the guy on ebay said he could sell the “Malibu “ one for 75.00

thank you 

Online metal sales or eBay.

18 hours ago, fishermen1918 said:

Looks great 

much appreciated 

Thanks!  I got it from his eBay site, Kojak provided the link in a post above.  I think they were listed at $139, he also had "make an offer" listed so I did and got it for a bit less.  From the time I made the offer, he accepted within 10 minutes, I paid immediately via PP, and he sent me the shipping info in a few hours.  That's frickin service! 

Yes, seat swivels.  While installing, I took the time to clean the nastiness that was under a 12 year old boat seat!  I lubricated the mechanisms and cleaned the teflon gaskets before putting it back together, smooth as a new seat now. 

I'm about 5'8" and with the bolster up, I'm looking at 4" plus above the windshield rail.  Even sitting in the seat itself, I'm much more comfortable and have better vision thru the glass. 

Out of the thousands of $$$ upgrades I've done, this is a NO brainer!

On 3/21/2020 at 9:28 PM, dalt1 said:

Online metal sales or eBay.

metalsdepot has extruded aluminum. I'm going to take measurements to use a 2" x 4" rectangular tube (1 tube on the left side, one on the right). From what I was quoted it was 50 bucks of metal + drilling time