Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ghetto turndown-‘12 response TXi

braindamage

I’m following @UWSkier and installing ghetto turndowns for my exhaust. 

does anyone have SS or stock turndowns that can give pics or insight as to how far below/above the hull to cut them?

I put a straight edge on the bottom of the hull far enough forward to account for the transom hook.  I cut mine about 3/8" above that edge.  Even with a full tank of gas, I don't think they drag at slalom speeds.  I see a tiny bit of spray off the port side but nothing that impacts the wake or skier.  You don't need them to be IN the water to quiet things down behind the boat.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@UWSkier

Done!! It was a pain cuz the wedge isn’t centered. The one side had to be shaved down to  <1/16” to give room for the hose clamp. I used a hacksaw to take off the big stuff then a vibrating sander for the rest. The other side was easy.

they are about 3/4 above the straight edge as that’s where the flange was. If it isn’t effective I will first tilt them down, then buy another pair if I have to recut.

test ride hopefully this evening.

056D431A-A78B-4A72-B1E2-3DFFC0A28BD5.jpeg

0A2E8202-8F1A-460B-817D-22958DD03B53.jpeg