Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cooler Plug

timelinex

I have a 2007 MAlibu 23lsv. I am missing the plug that goes into the cooler which prevents the water from draining. Does anyone know suitable alternatives that fit that I can buy online?

29 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Moeller and Sea-Dog make them.  Greatlaksskipper, West Marine, FleaBay etc.  The thread is 7/8-14 UNF most likely.

OK, I didn't remember exactly what type of plug it was and I don't have the boat in front of me. 

So it was a screw in plug and not rubber stopper. I will look online. Are they mostly universal, as long as they are made by those 2 companies?

edit: a quick search on Amazon and west marine and I couldn't find any cooler plugs. I found Moeller plugs, but they are all big drain plugs or the actual boat and not the cooler.

Edited by timelinex

I put a valve on the hose that comes out of the cooler.  A lot easier to open and close off the cooler. Don’t have to reach down into the icy cooler to drain.  Mine was the stopper type tho. Either way, I’d co sided a valve as an option. Cheap and works slick. 

1 hour ago, isellacuras said:

I put a valve on the hose that comes out of the cooler.  A lot easier to open and close off the cooler. Don’t have to reach down into the icy cooler to drain.  Mine was the stopper type tho. Either way, I’d co sided a valve as an option. Cheap and works slick. 

Hmm, good idea. I didnt know that the hose was within reach. I'll have to take a look if it is on my model. I would have thought it went right under the floor.