Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade Tower from 4xPolk 6.5s to 2x Rev10s? Worth it?

dizzy1

Currently have 4 Polk DB651s on my tower powered by 2 channels off a JL XD800/8, so basically about 45w a piece for each 6.5. Sounds really good but thinking about upgrading to a pair of Wetsounds Rev10s and using 4 channels off the XD800/8, so about 180w to each Rev10. Not looking to update amp and goal of change is to be a little louder and clearer. Mostly spend time beached partying behind boat at party beach at lake. See tons of boats with Rev10s at beach, super loud but most sound harsh or distorted(assuming they are setup wrong or amp clipping on those boats). I will add, i like the look of what i have now, polished cans on one solid bar with 4 LED lights. I know Rev10s by themselves look little out of place on old style tube waketower.

Any opinions?

A  pair of 10" driver is about 30% more surface area then four 6.5". So thats a significant difference in the output. Not to mention the compression driver will have greater output over a traditional dome tweeter. In terms of mid-bass depth, it will be a night and day difference with a 10" driver v's a 6.5.