Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What wakeboard handle

isellacuras

What wakeboard handle are you using?  I have been less than satisfied with my last 3 or 4 handles. All have been Ronix and 3 of the 4 have snapped at the end of the handle where the rope attaches and my current one is bent in the middle. I really like the hyperlite Murray but I don’t want a t handle. I know I am not easy on handles since I’m a big guy and I pull hard but I do expect a year or so out of them. I like a little thinner diameter handle with a tacky grip. Suggestions?

I think they Hyperlite team handle is very similar to the Murray.  I personally dislike the Murray because I feel the grip lacks the tacky feel that I like.  I like the CWB Dowdy pro handle. It has a much tackier grip than the Murray and is a thinner diameter.  It does have a t-handle, but you may be able to remove it as it is not fully integrated into the rope like others.  It just pushes against knots you tie in the line.

On 3/9/2020 at 12:45 PM, onwi said:

I think they Hyperlite team handle is very similar to the Murray.  I personally dislike the Murray because I feel the grip lacks the tacky feel that I like.  I like the CWB Dowdy pro handle. It has a much tackier grip than the Murray and is a thinner diameter.  It does have a t-handle, but you may be able to remove it as it is not fully integrated into the rope like others.  It just pushes against knots you tie in the line.

never thought about tacky when wet as i just bought the murray chamois t handle, i do 40-50 handle passes a day doing all varieties and direction of surface turns on my skate and plan to learn one wske 360’s on wakeboard this year  ,  hope its not a big issue but it sure felt great just holding it

On 3/11/2020 at 8:45 AM, granddaddy55 said:

never thought about tacky when wet as i just bought the murray chamois t handle, i do 40-50 handle passes a day doing all varieties and direction of surface turns on my skate and plan to learn one wske 360’s on wakeboard this year  ,  hope its not a big issue but it sure felt great just holding it

It makes a difference in wakeboarding IMO.  It just feels slippery compared to other handles.  I buy about 2 handles a season, not sure why, I just enjoy trying them out.  I'd say it was my least favorite because of this.  I also had the yokes stretch on 2 of them.  I purchased the handle and the yoke stretched on one side.  Hyperlite replaced it once.  The replacement did it again to a lesser degree and I got silence from the place I bought it.

On 3/12/2020 at 6:59 AM, onwi said:

It makes a difference in wakeboarding IMO.  It just feels slippery compared to other handles.  I buy about 2 handles a season, not sure why, I just enjoy trying them out.  I'd say it was my least favorite because of this.  I also had the yokes stretch on 2 of them.  I purchased the handle and the yoke stretched on one side.  Hyperlite replaced it once.  The replacement did it again to a lesser degree and I got silence from the place I bought it.

Interesting to hear that because I was considering the Murray because my buddy has one from a couple years ago and it is good and tacky with the chamois material. I really like his handle but it’s no longer available.  

this is the one he has. 

D67AC2B6-6E85-4EBA-AF8A-8B6EE7887222.png

Edited by isellacuras