Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Orange flake and water marks/ stain

Sorry if this has been covered but can't find in the search.  I have to leave my boat in the water 2014 axis t22. I have an orange metal flake on the boat, I am so bummed I took the boat out and it has a darker line in it now. Can i sand this out? if so some good ideas would be helpful.

I realize that the best thing is to take the boat out every night but its just not an option. Also thinking that ceramic after i figure out how to clean might better protect the gelcoat?

t

You cant sand it out. 

Gel coat is porous, the water soaked through and when it hit the flake  it changed color. You would have to strip it down, respray the orange, the flake, and the clear. 

Ive asked a few of the people doing ceramic here in town about the coatings protecting from this, they have all told me no.

Mineral stains.  Don't start with sanding. Start with chemical cleaners..... and start gentle and work your way up.  I'd start with Iron Out diluted way down -- mix it in a 5 gallon bucket and brush it on with a big brush or use a garden sprayer (although that will probably irritate your eyes and nose.)   You can try and heavier concentrate of that before moving on to The Works Toilet Bowl cleaner.  Your line / discoloration should come right out.  Add some new wax/sealant and you're good for another year.

I would certainly try "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner as @Fffrank said above.  I did my hull (didn't have your problem, but always in a muddy river), which is white, and after I sprayed "The Works" (I didn't dilute) all over and take a mitt and rub it in.  Spray it off and do not lit it sit very long.  My hull looks showroom floor now.

1 minute ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I would certainly try "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner as @Fffrank said above.  I did my hull (didn't have your problem, but always in a muddy river), which is white, and after I sprayed "The Works" (I didn't dilute) all over and take a mitt and rub it in.  Spray it off and do not lit it sit very long.  My hull looks showroom floor now.

thanks for the replys after i get my boat from storage i will give it a shot..

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...