Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

19 22 LSV

Omarquez

Looking at purchasing a brand new 22 LSV. What ballast  bags size do you guys recommend for the best surf wake it does have a high altitude prop and the MDI6 engine. Also can I add a bow bag?

Edited by Omarquez

Your dealer should have bags designed for your boat. If not WakeMakers.com will have them. 
You can add a bow bag. I would try it without first unless you don’t have a bow tank. 

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need anything larger than 750's for the back lockers either. Currently I have 750s in the back locker and I rarely have them max filled. You will want to have a good solution for bow weight to counter weight the back end. 

If you fill the factory Recommended 580 plug and plays, you will need bow ballast. The boat will make 95 pct of the 23’s wave if you fill the plug and plays and add bow ballast. If not you can still get a nice wave just can’t fill the plug and plays all the way.

6 hours ago, surfdude said:

If you fill the factory Recommended 580 plug and plays, you will need bow ballast. The boat will make 95 pct of the 23’s wave if you fill the plug and plays and add bow ballast. If not you can still get a nice wave just can’t fill the plug and plays all the way.

How much bow weight you suggest? My research suggests 300 pounds 

In my 22 we had 550s which we topped off and counter balanced the bow with available passengers.  If no passengers we would usually go to 3/4 full.  After a while you will be able to tweak your fill rate by looking at the wave and adjusting accordingly.  In our 23 I have added 250lbs of lead upfront to balance out loading up the rear plug and plays.  

20 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

How much bow weight you suggest? My research suggests 300 pounds 

I fill my fly high 900 3/4 of full  if I don’t have a lot of people or coolers. Makes a great wave. The 22 seems to have more bow rise than the 23.

Edited by surfdude
  • 2 weeks later...