Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop for 00 response lx

Scf0217

00 response lx  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Best prop for wakeboarding less than 2k weight no elevation.? Acme recommends 1231 but could go with 653 or 525

any of the listed props should be fine.  1231 is going to rip your arms off out of the hole but has decent bit of cup so it shouldn't be screaming against the rev limiter if you run wide open.

Usually when Acme recommends a prop, they know what they're talking about.  :)

yeah i would go with Acme - i personally run a 525 but I'm into slalom.   It will still pull me up with 6 adults in the boat (we tried).  But at your weight I would lean toward that 1231

It does great.  My son knee boards at 19 mph and it can hold that speed very steady, even with the wedge.   Just to clarify do you mean you have 2k of ballast or that you are just picking the under 2k option on ACME site.   If you are just wakeboarding with normal weight the 525 will be good.   Most of the time I have a crew of 3 but sometime we take a bunch of people. 

But the best way to pick a prop is the see where you current prop ends up at full throttle.    The main reason i run the 525 b/c it puts me in the middle of my wide open throttle range of 5200-5600.    

Most times I have prob 4or 5 on boat but when couple friends go out to just wakeboard I'll have roughly 2k or less in ballast. I have a 4 blade that has great hole shot but wot at about 44mph cant remember exact rpm tho. Wanting to find a newer 3 blade with a good all around balance

i would say the 525 would hit about 45 mph  based on my boat hitting 48 with it - but I have a bigger engine and turning 5400 rpm.   Do you have a carb or monoon engine ?

FWIW, I have the 515 on my 2001 with the same engine.  With 100 lbs in the bow and two adults over 200 lbs it will run 5050 RPM at 46 MPH at 1500' elevation.  The Monsoon needs to run 4600-5200 RPM WOT optimally.  You might be slightly over that with the 1231 depending on weight, load, elevation, etc.