Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Correct Spark Plugs

timelinex

I have a 2007 23lsv with a 350 Monsoon. I'm having a hard time finding the correct replacements and the gap in the manual. Multiple threads I found also mention there is competing incorrect info.

I believe I require AC-Delco 41-993's . What gap should they be, and do they come with that gap or am I going to have to change them?

The plugs I pulled do say 41-993 on them, but it also says 19256067 on them which I have found online, but bakes marines 41-993 say a different number on them than the 19256067.

(i did find a thread that said the correct plug is 41-993 gaped at .060, even though the manual says .045. But the thread was about a 2012, which may be different as it's 5 years newer!)

Edited by timelinex

I have the same engine in my 23LSV.  no need to buy overpriced plugs and pay shipping from a marine parts dealer.  I have used NGKs from NAPA for years, changed every other season.

There is no difference between an auto spark plug and a "marine" spark plug.  they cant make them waterproof.

Are we supposed to put anti seize on the spark plug threads or do tthe ac delco ones not require it?

On 2/27/2020 at 8:01 PM, kylesullens said:

I have the same engine in my 23LSV.  no need to buy overpriced plugs and pay shipping from a marine parts dealer.  I have used NGKs from NAPA for years, changed every other season.

There is no difference between an auto spark plug and a "marine" spark plug.  they cant make them waterproof.

The price at walmart for the correct ones are close to $6, not too bad, so I'll just stick with stocm.