Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ronix RXT----what size?

Ryan1776

Alright everyone, I'm pulling the trigger on a new board this year. I currently have a 2010 Ronix Viva. 
10 years of technology has got to be worth something! 
My viva is 140. I'm jumping on the "go bigger" bandwagon. 
I love all the benefits a larger board can give my hurting knees! :rofl:

The question is, do I go with Ronix sizing and go right for the 148? 
I'm 5'10" 195 and dropping. I'll probably be 185-190 during the summer. I swing like that ever year. 
What's interesting is each size up is only up 5lbs "capacity" each. Seems strange they would build each board that close together, but lump 175+ into the 148. 
And they skip 146cm completely??

Meaning a 220lb dude doesn't have a size for him. Now I know there's diminishing returns and you can only go so big. I mean, technically there is one, but you get my point. 
The other interesting thing is the surface area. 
140=857
148=873
So only 16sq/inches between the three sizes. 5sq/inches for each a size up. I can't believe it will make THAT big of diffidence with landing impact. But I am looking at this strictly by the numbers. 
No matter how you slice it, a bigger board is more inertia. 

So what are your all thoughts? I definitely want to size up. Do I go to the 144 or get right to the 148. 
My knee jerk says trust the Ronix tech and sizing and get the 148. I kinda want all the "easy landing" ability I can get. 

Ryan.

Edited by Ryan1776
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would say demo if at all possible.  I haven't ridden the RXT myself.  That said I ride the HL Murray in the 144.  I'm 5'11" 175lbs.  I do want to try and demo the 150 at some point.  

All this said, I'm thinking the 148 might be right for you, since you weigh a little more than me. 

What kind of tricks are you doing?  You're going to gain softer landings, better glide and smoother boost off the bigger size, but it is more board to whip around.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, theloungelife said:

I would say demo if at all possible.  I haven't ridden the RXT myself.  That said I ride the HL Murray in the 144.  I'm 5'11" 175lbs.  I do want to try and demo the 150 at some point.  

All this said, I'm thinking the 148 might be right for you, since you weigh a little more than me. 

What kind of tricks are you doing?  You're going to gain softer landings, better glide and smoother boost off the bigger size, but it is more board to whip around.  

12 hours ago, breakz77 said:

The RXT is so light you won't have an issue with board weight going larger.

Hey guys! Sorry for missing these. 
I actually called Ronix and got in touch with a guy named Anthony. I believe he is an internal rep for Ronix and takes people out all the time to demo stuff. 

Very cool guy. Very knowledgeable. We talked about my skill level, or lack there of. What I ride now and so on. 
He recommended the 144.

He told me if I got the 140 it would still be night and day better and "easier" than my Viva. Because it's so much fatter. 

He's 6' and 210, he rides the 144. He said the 148 to him is a little faster but not really any "harder" doing tricks. 

He said the 140 feels like there's nothing under him. So the 144 is his sweet spot. And he 100% thinks I should do the 144 as well. 

So I went with the 144. 
It's an amazing board can't wait to ride it. 

One of the cool things he told me from his demo rides is  that most of the time after they come back around to pick up the rider after the first fall they say, "this is how a wakeboard is supposed to ride." 

Thanks again guys! 
Ryan 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 7:21 AM, Ryan1776 said:

So I went with the 144. 
It's an amazing board can't wait to ride it. 

Welcome to the RXT family have you had a chance to ride it yet?  I know our weather in MI sucks still, but drysuit as I do?  Been with the Ronix family since they started (well slightly before they started, testing the "one" board before it hit the market) and I will say, this RXT is probably the most amazing board I have been on in 20 years...  5'7" 155lbs and I ride the RXT 140. 

57 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Welcome to the RXT family have you had a chance to ride it yet?  I know our weather in MI sucks still, but drysuit as I do?  Been with the Ronix family since they started (well slightly before they started, testing the "one" board before it hit the market) and I will say, this RXT is probably the most amazing board I have been on in 20 years...  5'7" 155lbs and I ride the RXT 140. 

OH man! That's awesome. And thank you! I've been a Ronix rider since 2010. Been riding the Viva since then! So 10 years, a LOT has changed! 
I haven't been out yet. 
Because of DimWhit our docks haven't been installed yet. I don't live ON the lake, I live across the street. My association takes care of the docks which means a company installs them. 
That hasn't happened yet and my boat is still shrink wrapped. 

Next week I should be getting uncovered and ready to go. 

How did you get on the inside lane for early "development" testing?! 

Edited by Ryan1776
39 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

Because of DimWhit

:lol::lol: oh I'm using that one!!  hahahaa

40 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

How did you get on the inside lane for early "development" testing?! 

I was a CWB Team Faction rider from 2004-2006, then was invited out to Herb OBrien's Radar Lake June 2006 to test out some new wakeboard started by this "new company Square One, inc" (Ronix/Radar).  I didn't even know I was riding the first "One" demo test until it hit the market about 6 months after I was there.  It was just spray painted all black and was told to go rip it up and try it.  Once I left Radar I got the new product line each year.  It helped that by that time I had moved from Hawaii to Phoenix and was still heavily involved in the grass root competitions working on displaying Ronix since LF and Hyperlite was overly popular.  I got lucky.  I'm not a sales guy, just right time right place.  Sort of ended now but I still get hella discounts and I might be a fan for life, they've treated me WELL.  :)

On 4/30/2020 at 2:53 PM, hawaiianstyln said:

:lol::lol: oh I'm using that one!!  hahahaa

I was a CWB Team Faction rider from 2004-2006, then was invited out to Herb OBrien's Radar Lake June 2006 to test out some new wakeboard started by this "new company Square One, inc" (Ronix/Radar).  I didn't even know I was riding the first "One" demo test until it hit the market about 6 months after I was there.  It was just spray painted all black and was told to go rip it up and try it.  Once I left Radar I got the new product line each year.  It helped that by that time I had moved from Hawaii to Phoenix and was still heavily involved in the grass root competitions working on displaying Ronix since LF and Hyperlite was overly popular.  I got lucky.  I'm not a sales guy, just right time right place.  Sort of ended now but I still get hella discounts and I might be a fan for life, they've treated me WELL.  :)

BWAHAA! Feel free! 

Man that's just killer. I'm awful at wakeboarding. But what I wouldn't do to just hang out at Radar!!! :woot:
I was sold on Ronix in 2009 when I met Chad at Skiers Pier polar bear ski. 
Subsequent years when he'd come back, surprisingly enough, he remembered me. Not by name right off. But after a few years he did. 
I've met Parks a few times too, man is he fun to talk to! I met him in Grand Rapids at one of the Wakeboard comps, MasterCraft open I think? At Millennial park. 
It's when he just started the Red Bull tour stuff. Can't remember the exact name. 
Talked to him about that for 15-20 min. 
I'm for sure a Ronix guy for life. 

I just got an email from our association today, we should be having the docks installed this coming weekend. Hallelujah. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...