Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery setup

Wavemaker

If my stereo sometimes remains on after shutting the boat power down would this be some battery connection issue that the dealer did when rigging the boat? Many issues arise after being powered on for a few minutes like the android screen and sport rotary joystick being unresponsive. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a battery/power issue. LOVE my boat otherwise! Any thoughts?

If you quickly touch and release the power button the boat should shut everything off. If you press and hold the power button the engine will shut off, but the stereo remains on for the ‘19’s. I am guessing it is the same for the ‘20’s. The other issues addressed sound like a computer issue which might be true for the radio as well. Good luck.

I seem to recall that items like stereo, underwater lights and tower lights stayed on, when you power the helm screen(s) off. Great feature at night, if you dont want the light from the screen, but want have those items remain on. 

2 hours ago, MLA said:

I seem to recall that items like stereo, underwater lights and tower lights stayed on, when you power the helm screen(s) off. Great feature at night, if you dont want the light from the screen, but want have those items remain on. 

I assume you would then power the helm back up to turn all those things off when you were through.

Unfortunately my issue is that my radio screen and joystick rotary just stops responding when everything is powered up.  Surf gate buttons (on knob), volume knob, etc..  The main Maliview screen in the middle appears to always stay working correctly.  Sometimes the music stops, sometimes not - but uncontrollable. (Source selection etc. doesn't work) Again, when it is first powered up everything works fine - just doesn't stay that way :/ 

Sounds like an issue but not one related to the dealer rigging. Even if the boat was shipped to dealer without batteries, I do not see this being something the dealer could have created while installing batteries. 

15 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

I assume you would then power the helm back up to turn all those things off when you were through.

Unfortunately my issue is that my radio screen and joystick rotary just stops responding when everything is powered up.  Surf gate buttons (on knob), volume knob, etc..  The main Maliview screen in the middle appears to always stay working correctly.  Sometimes the music stops, sometimes not - but uncontrollable. (Source selection etc. doesn't work) Again, when it is first powered up everything works fine - just doesn't stay that way :/ 

I had a similar problem with my 2016.  They had a bunch of the 7" screens they had to replace including mine. I haven't heard of any of the newer screens having any issue, but if Medallion had defective ones once it could happen again.  You could try re-seating all the connections on the back of the screen.  If that doesn't work I'd bring it to your dealer.