Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Brand new boat Stereo/Android/bluetooth problems

Wavemaker

The day I brought home my boat the stereo was having all kinds of problems. Bluetooth music intermittently skipping, suddenly the big joystick knob wouldn't control the volume, source selector wouldn't work and stereo power button wouldn't respond or when it did it would say "stereo powering up" and then it wouldn't.  Reported it to my dealer and they said they had never heard of these issues. Really? Has anyone had or heard of these problems or do I just have that 1 in a million boat that has these issues? I'm assuming it's a software issue because after shutting everything down (including battery switch) everything would work properly after I rebooted - but only for a short while and then all these issues would resurface. Ideas?

Also the stereo would sometimes keep playing or there would be a buzz in the tower speakers when the boat was powered down. This would only go away after I turned the battery switch to off.  Maybe a battery setup issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a little late, but the first thing I would recommend checking is the boat configuration setup.  Touch the settings gear shaped icon on the bottom left of the left screen, touch CONFIGURATION, touch BOAT MODEL / HULL ID, and make sure the boat model and tower shown on the screen is what you actually have.  It can be changed by touching the arrow next to the boat model displayed on the screen.  I have seen stereo volume control problems and other strange issues caused by the configuration being set to the wrong boat model.