Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 vlx with hard tanks in the rear comp?

Darkstar1122

My 05 vlx has 2 hard tanks (200lbs) each in the rear compartments. From what I've seen the piggyback ballast is meant for factory ballast tanks beneath the floors. Not sure what bags I should use? Should I remove the hard tanks replace with fatsacs? Any ideas would be appreciated. Wanna set it up for surfing.

Hmmm, my buddies 05 VLX had the hard tanks below the floor.  My 06 vRide had them above the floor like yours.  Seems like your year or model is off.  Either way, yeah, pull those tanks out and put 750's back there.  Are you listing (I haven't used that term in a while) or using a gate of some sort?

My 04 LSV had the hard tanks above the floor.  Yeah go ahead and pull the tanks and you can add 750s or 900's.  900's probably won't fill completely but will max the area out.  More space for storage when they are empty and a whole lot easier to do maintenance if you have to crawl down in there.