Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27LSV

Raleigh

R&D would be about zilch if they just stretch the mid section, a mold heck that's nothing for a few boat sales, 

The awesome thing would be is this would be a big boat but not obnoxiously big like the p series.. 

27 is just not all that big , look at the day boat cruising crowd chappys/formulas etc. 26-28 is kinda the norm, wake boats aren't the best on larger bodies but get up to a 27 and now u can start to smooth out some chop,

Lot of day boats also have ton of wasted space and can only fit a small group comfortably,

27 wake boat could cross both worlds 

• Like 3

IMO, a 27ft wake(surf) boat needs to weigh more. Ditch the half ton and get a diesel HD. Think 7500 or more(8500). Peeps that buy the big boats usually say..well guess I need a HD truck...then get one.I have a diff brand boat, and I constantly bug my dealer about them building one 2-4' longer, I tell them, they only have to build one. All of our trailers are over 9 ft wide at the guide poles ..anybody ever been hassled about being overwidth at the guide poles?  A 9' beam would make the boat seem twice as big as it is. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, carguy79ta said:

IMO, a 27ft wake(surf) boat needs to weigh more. Ditch the half ton and get a diesel HD. Think 7500 or more(8500). Peeps that buy the big boats usually say..well guess I need a HD truck...then get one.I have a diff brand boat, and I constantly bug my dealer about them building one 2-4' longer, I tell them, they only have to build one. All of our trailers are over 9 ft wide at the guide poles ..anybody ever been hassled about being overwidth at the guide poles?  A 9' beam would make the boat seem twice as big as it is. 

Only 9ft? Try closer to 10

Oh don't forget those PTM racks most folks don't swing inward

Agree 9 beam would be huge increase, look what 6in less floor space did to the new 25, totally killed the openess vibe

5 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Only 9ft? Try closer to 10

Oh don't forget those PTM racks most folks don't swing inward

Agree 9 beam would be huge increase, look what 6in less floor space did to the new 25, totally killed the openess vibe

Totally agree..funny about the PTM racks.

6 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Hey Malibu.. dare you to make the 27lsv 9wide! 

Why don't you coordinate sending a 2021 27 LSV deposit check along with @IXFE in a couple weeks? He'll track down some folks, and I know he'll hold the check close for you.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NWBU said:

Why don't you coordinate sending a 2021 27 LSV deposit check along with @IXFE in a couple weeks? He'll track down some folks, and I know he'll hold the check close for you.

Ha no chance they might mess up and make it even more narrow than the current 25

Now a P25 deposit might pay for a whole 27lsv! 

Edited by The Hulk
  • 2 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, SkiSam said:

Closest you're really getting currently would be an X26 but that'd need so much lead/extra bags

Pavati maybe but still tad small!😂 Haha

On 4/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, SkiSam said:

Closest you're really getting currently would be an X26 but that'd need so much lead/extra bags

The 2015-2019 X26 definitely needed a ton of extra weight.

The new 2020+ is a whole different animal, and they finally put decent ballast in that boat.

6900lbs dry before options. Typical optioned weight is 7400 plus 4800 ballast/water, and 600lbs of fuel. It’s about 13k running around with full fuel and gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 10:30 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

The 2015-2019 X26 definitely needed a ton of extra weight.

The new 2020+ is a whole different animal, and they finally put decent ballast in that boat.

6900lbs dry before options. Typical optioned weight is 7400 plus 4800 ballast/water, and 600lbs of fuel. It’s about 13k running around with full fuel and gear.

I know that quite well, I was with the first two all the way through the factory haha

Definitely throws a barrel,  would be great with extra bags/lead. 

Plus I thought the side walkthrough would be weird/annoying but being in the boat in person, definitely liked it.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

@The Hulk approved??

No fuss with ballast. Plenty of room. Dual fridges, grill, 3 TVs, power bimini, cockpit misting system, air conditioning, two beds, and the list goes on!

54B1C60F-CA11-4F0C-AB1A-EC5BE00C190E.jpeg

BAF57D5D-87E3-4DC3-B04A-69401EB73C38.jpeg

6B621DCC-9D43-4597-9D75-DF05EC606837.jpeg

27A0D34D-8EBB-4C65-B3BC-27B0F5A84560.jpeg

That is an insane wave. No low camera angle tricks necessary. Size wise that's bigger than I've ever seen from any single screw inboard. Boat looks amazing! 

• Like 4