Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27LSV

Raleigh

I agree about the 25 LSV being best bang for the buck.  

My old mechanic sent me a picture of a boat at the new dealership he works for.  He knew it was my favorite color, red metal flake.  Centurion 23.  It was listed as the boat show special for the same price I paid for my 25 LSV.  There may be some other factors, but I stopped looking at that time.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

My old mechanic sent me a picture of a boat at the new dealership he works for.  He knew it was my favorite color, red metal flake.  Centurion 23.  It was listed as the boat show special for the same price I paid for my 25 LSV.  There may be some other factors, but I stopped looking at that time.  

:no: 

2 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I completely agree with the value proposition of the 25LSV.  I’ve found some great deals locally on them but it’s not practical for me on the lake I live on right now.  23 LSV would be best for our family in our current situation.

5 hours ago, The Hulk said:

anyone know if you can buy the rear stretch canopy add-on, lookes like it simply strap-slips over the standard bimini i have (although G4) but doesnt look like that matters.

I'm wondering if you can buy the poles and insert sockets? i think this could be easily added to previous year models pretty easily?

20200219_162950.jpg

Was anyone else at the shows this winter a bit underwhelmed by the extended sun shade?  The one I saw here was more of a woven plastic tarp like material opposed to a canvas.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Was anyone else at the shows this winter a bit underwhelmed by the extended sun shade?  The one I saw here was more of a woven plastic tarp like material opposed to a canvas.  

It's def slightly see through more of a fully elastic mesh of some sort,  doesn't seem expensive, but I'm sure it's thousands for 4ft fiberglass tent poles and fishing rod sockets haha

I think it could be done for a few hundred dollars.. build something with to see sucker mounts for each pole on each side and try and find that material for the mesh.. suction cup the pulls to the side of the boat in some way they would angle more up and outwards and give you more coverage

Edited by The Hulk
4 hours ago, RyanB said:

I love the 25LSV. Great boat. But it is an absolutely crazy world where a $170,000 boat is a “price point” or “value” boat.......

I wouldn’t call the “flagship” (m series aside) largest boat in the lineup a “price point” boat... but yes agreed. Malibu does deliver an incredible value vs the competition 

4 hours ago, RyanB said:

I love the 25LSV. Great boat. But it is an absolutely crazy world where a $170,000 boat is a “price point” or “value” boat.......

Like I said... I said that tongue in cheek to make the very same point you are. 

That said... who’s paying $170k for a 25 LSV??

#fakenews

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, IXFE said:

Like I said... I said that tongue in cheek to make the very same point you are. 

That said... who’s paying $170k for a 25 LSV??

#fakenews

$170 is what I was quoted at the boat show this year.  Even if it is $150, my point remains.

16 minutes ago, RyanB said:

$170 is what I was quoted at the boat show this year.  Even if it is $150, my point remains.

At 25% discount that implies a $227k MSRP... it’s hard to build up a 25 LSV (realistically) that much. 

Regardless my point remains... every other big boat is more $$

18 hours ago, RyanB said:

That's MSRP, or one withevery box checked most are sold in the 125-135 range

14 hours ago, RyanB said:

I'd be surprised if u could hit that, unless u did the big boy engine and about everything checked lots of loaded well equipped seem to be going low to mid 130s

In point.. yes it's sad were now at a point of a 100k+ boat being a value boat.. but it's where the industry is at.. 

Edited by The Hulk

Malibu said sunshade not able to adapt to older 25lsv, , wondering how the pod recepticals work can these be purchased anywhere?

had two ideas: 

1. suction cup + tent poles on side of boat when needed, and make own fabric straps etc..

2. CNC-Lathe out some NEW cup holders that in the bottom are longer and can receive tent poles, (although) the added force on cup holders would require to mount or brace the cup holders rather than just being dropped in their holes. 

seems easy enough to buy fiberglass/carbon 1/2" rods or tent rods etc.. 

what i cant seem to find is what material they are using for this stretch sun shade, i could always use something more rigid and better at blocking sun with some bungees etc.. 

43 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

:no:

125-135 is too low for a normally equipped 25LSV.

100% agreed.  Let's not overcorrect too much here fellas.  That price point is SEVERAL years old (i.e. before the redesign).  

And when I called the 25 LSV a "price point" boat, I qualified that by saying a "modestly equipped" 25 LSV.  Not the boat that @RyanB was apparently looking at.  You can blow any build out of the water with GX tower, Triple trailer + 18's, gobs of flake, quad racks, and supercharged motors.  But the high volume 25 LSV's are not built that way.  

I get it... $150K (or whatever your dealer quotes you) is still a lot of cake.  But everything is relative.  Cross shop that "modestly equipped" 25 LSV to any other BIG boat and you'll see what I mean.  It's a bargain.  

Fun Fact: 10 years ago, I remember thinking $50K was way too much money for an Axis A22 because you could buy a 21 VLX (the halo boat at that time) for that same money just a few years earlier. 

It's all relative folks.

Edited by IXFE

Back on topic... the 27 LSV.

I do agree with @The Hulk that a 27 LSV with a 102" beam (it would have to be or take rate would be too limited) would a home run.  Would it see as many as the 25 LSV? Of course not.  Would it sell enough to justify the modest level of R&D + the new molds?  I would bet my house on that!  

And yours truly would be second in line (right behind our lovable big green man) to order one... modestly equipped with the standard M6 motor.  I will be at the factory in a couple of weeks and you can bet I will be dropping hints.  

One question for the Hulkster... would you upgrade your truck?  Honestly, I think you'd probably have to.  As much as I love me a Plat F-150 Ecoboost, I think you'd need to embrace the dark side of the force. 

606684DE-8687-49B4-A2A7-10087B0CAE40.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
5 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Back on topic... the 27 LSV.

I do agree with @The Hulk that a 27 LSV with a 102" beam (it would have to be or take rate would be too limited) would a home run.  Would it see as many as the 25 LSV? Of course not.  Would it sell enough to justify the modest level of R&D + the new molds?  I would bet my house on that!  

And yours truly would be second in line (right behind our lovable big green man) to order one... modestly equipped with the standard M6 motor.  I will be at the factory in a couple of weeks and you can bet I will be dropping hints.  

One question for the Hulkster... would you upgrade your truck?  Honestly, I think you'd probably have to.  As much as I love me a Plat F-150 Ecoboost, I think you'd need to embrace the dark side of the force. 

606684DE-8687-49B4-A2A7-10087B0CAE40.jpeg

dont drop hints, just flat out tell them to get with the program and get er done!

all they need to do is make the boat longer and add 6-10" height (so we can load it up with more than extra ballast!) ha.

for the 1-2 times i tow i doubt i would, or i'd borrow a F250/350 for the tow. Max Tow capacity of the max tow F150 its like 12-13k now..crazy! ok yes tow capacity and towing that amount of weight are totally different!. Current 25lsv is less than 6k + 2k trailer, what are we 8k or less on a 25lsv at the moment?, so a 27lsv might only be 1-1.5k more depending on how much more height is added. regardless 1-1.5k lbs in extra fiberglass and materials (bench seating) so my point is this could be a fairly light boat for its size, the wave length would be Sweeeeeeeeeeet! the Ri257 is about the only save longer, and guess what... technically its a longer boat.

what they need to be careful about is this is exactly why the G25 was not that great, the boat was only a tiny fraction heavier than the G23 but it has a lot more surface area on the water to displace, the ballast was near same so the boat just didnt sink as much, its a terrible surf wave unless you throw a TON of weight at it. If malibu keeps the 27lsv concept at 102 wide and makes ballast larger problem should be solved, maybe slight increase on the "V" hull. 

A 27lsv,, would plane out nicely with added length, forget needing any bow weight! Even watching the P23/25 waves they are not as long as a 25lsv, yea maybe "taller" but not longer. at the end of the day i think you would see more people would def choose longer wave vs taller, everyone wants more room to play! my only hope is they keep and OPEN concept, 

if the boat was only 1000-1500 lbs more than a 25 it might even SKI better..yea i did just say that.. 

sweet rig there! Na the F150 ecoboost is fine...its only a 27lsv! haha

36 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

dont drop hints, just flat out tell them to get with the program and get er done!

all they need to do is make the boat longer and add 6-10" height (so we can load it up with more than extra ballast!) ha.

for the 1-2 times i tow i doubt i would, or i'd borrow a F250/350 for the tow. Max Tow capacity of the max tow F150 its like 12-13k now..crazy! ok yes tow capacity and towing that amount of weight are totally different!. Current 25lsv is less than 6k + 2k trailer, what are we 8k or less on a 25lsv at the moment?, so a 27lsv might only be 1-1.5k more depending on how much more height is added. regardless 1-1.5k lbs in extra fiberglass and materials (bench seating) so my point is this could be a fairly light boat for its size, the wave length would be Sweeeeeeeeeeet! the Ri257 is about the only save longer, and guess what... technically its a longer boat.

what they need to be careful about is this is exactly why the G25 was not that great, the boat was only a tiny fraction heavier than the G23 but it has a lot more surface area on the water to displace, the ballast was near same so the boat just didnt sink as much, its a terrible surf wave unless you throw a TON of weight at it. If malibu keeps the 27lsv concept at 102 wide and makes ballast larger problem should be solved, maybe slight increase on the "V" hull. 

A 27lsv,, would plane out nicely with added length, forget needing any bow weight! Even watching the P23/25 waves they are not as long as a 25lsv, yea maybe "taller" but not longer. at the end of the day i think you would see more people would def choose longer wave vs taller, everyone wants more room to play! my only hope is they keep and OPEN concept, 

if the boat was only 1000-1500 lbs more than a 25 it might even SKI better..yea i did just say that.. 

sweet rig there! Na the F150 ecoboost is fine...its only a 27lsv! haha

Throwback time!  Bring back the notched transom!  Get extra length without messing up the hull.

418497.jpeg

2000000008.jpg

• Like 3