Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27LSV

Raleigh

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Absolutely the best wave and boat for the money hands down, only a tiny bit more than a 23lsv but way better wave! It's a lot less expensive than anything else in it's wave category/size , Ri237/Ri257/G+P-23/25, MX24/M240/MCx26/and so on.. 

As crazy as it sounds I've said for a long time the 25lsv has the biggest wave for the cheapest price. 

The 25lsv also does everything great not just surf. Heck u can cruise, tube, ski, surf, board. It's very nimble for it's size, and it simply does everything great. 

They only thing similar price and size I think is the tige25 but haven't heard much about it's wave and doubt we ever will. 

So divided wave size & length with $ and the 25lsv gives the most bang for the buck of ANY boat hands down. The numbers are proving this as well I'd say.

man I think you just sold me on my next boat. !  glad to hear you can still tube behind it. with my 7 and 8 yr old that is still a big part of our outings .  and looking at the difference between an A24 loaded out with the upgraded engine and a left over model 25 they appear to be closer than I thought.  price wise

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

I said that only half serious... but there is some truth to it (see @The Hulk’s post).

The 25 LSV is exactly $22,320 (MSRP) more than a 23 LSV, but let’s break that down... that includes an engine upgrade (since the 25LSV base motor is the M6). If you add that to the 23 LSV the difference goes down to less than $15k.  Now apply a normal 25% discount to each boat and we’re talking $10k - $11k premium for the 25 over the 23.

Now compare the price of a modestly equipped  25 LSV to the long list of big boats in the market today: 24 MXZ, M240, XStar, X24, X26, G23, G25, Paragon, Ri257, etc. etc. The 25 LSV is cheaper than all of them and I’d put the 25 LSV wave up against any of them. 

A8781117-E905-4352-A926-70078934E72D.jpeg

That pic looks familiar. Copyright infringement  :whistle:  

Edited by Dfowkes
2 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

man I think you just sold me on my next boat. !  glad to hear you can still tube behind it. with my 7 and 8 yr old that is still a big part of our outings .  and looking at the difference between an A24 loaded out with the upgraded engine and a left over model 25 they appear to be closer than I thought.  price wise

Yes the 25 will plane out very well date I say better than the 23lsv at least on old models I suspect still same, note less or almost no bow weight needed in the 25 vs 23s.

Just watch a G23 try to tube at slow speeds it's laughable, and the g25 is ridiculous, I suspect the P series may be worse yet. Malibu 25 has all around advantage for those who still may want to do something other than surf or wakeboard.. 25 in lift mode has a very very small wake! Great for kiddos skiing!

There is no other boat that does everything great, all others may just do One thing slightly better than great and terrible at everything else.. 

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

I said that only half serious... but there is some truth to it (see @The Hulk’s post).

The 25 LSV is exactly $22,320 (MSRP) more than a 23 LSV, but let’s break that down... that includes an engine upgrade (since the 25LSV base motor is the M6). If you add that to the 23 LSV the difference goes down to less than $15k.  Now apply a normal 25% discount to each boat and we’re talking $10k - $11k premium for the 25 over the 23.

Now compare the price of a modestly equipped  25 LSV to the long list of big boats in the market today: 24 MXZ, M240, XStar, X24, X26, G23, G25, Paragon, Ri257, etc. etc. The 25 LSV is cheaper than all of them and I’d put the 25 LSV wave up against any of them. 

A8781117-E905-4352-A926-70078934E72D.jpeg

Exactly a few years ago around 9-10k I'd say 10-12k now.. I don't think a lot of people actually understand this and if they did they would be selling a lot more 25s.

this is kind of my point with a 27 l s v it could be about a 15K upgrade over a 25 granted it would probably  "appear" 25-30k more but take out the engine upgrade and you're back to maybe 15K.. there really isn't a lot of cost other than 2 ft more of bench seating..  I'm just saying Malibu could make it a very attractive option price wise.. now obviously if they go 10 ft wide beam you got an extraordinary bigger boat and that all goes out the window.

But just think of a 27 lsv for mx240 price or less, and decent amount less than m240 pricing , what would u buy then? 

Edited by The Hulk
32 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Exactly a few years ago around 9-10k I'd say 10-12k now.. I don't think a lot of people actually understand this and if they did they would be selling a lot more 25s.

this is kind of my point with a 27 l s v it could be about a 15K upgrade over a 25 granted it would probably  "appear" 25-30k more but take out the engine upgrade and you're back to maybe 15K.. there really isn't a lot of cost other than 2 ft more of bench seating..  I'm just saying Malibu could make it a very attractive option price wise.. now obviously if they go 10 ft wide beam you got an extraordinary bigger boat and that all goes out the window.

But just think of a 27 lsv for mx240 price or less, and decent amount less than m240 pricing , what would u buy then? 

I noticed this on the resale market. A 23 and a 25 sell for nearly identical pricing!

19 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I had to read this whole thread to see that we're now judging boats on their low speed tubing wakes.  I hear they are pretty terrible for bass fishing too.

I thought PTM was getting ready to release their rod holder racks? 😂

15 hours ago, IXFE said:

The new 25 doesn't sit level (empty).  There's a noticeable lean to the driver's side.  Some will opine that it's torque induced lean from the massive 17" prop, but I didn't have that on my old 25 (also 17" prop) and I can tell the boat leans even when the prop isn't spinning.  

Most of the new 25 owners a few hundred pounds of led on the port side to even it out.  

I don't recall mine leaning while sitting still, just while I was moving.

58 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Sorry buddy! Updated my post!!

You should be grateful I don’t share other Dfowkes pics in my possession 😜 

Remember I think I'm very funny.  But I'll stick to my day job, teeth.  Disregard the notice for copyright infringement. No need to post anything additional :thankyou: You and I need to schedule a ride with @Stevo and @Sparky450 next time you are in our neck of the woods.  I'll drag the M down to delta.  

8 hours ago, The Hulk said:

WOW! Is this wave pic real? If so, what boat is making this huge surf wave?

Chris

Just went to INDY boat show.. man I want a Paragon!! Only a 23 there but it feels very roomy inside for a 23 footer! 

M240 seems more roomy than 25lsv after hopping in both of these again.

M240 liking more and more just hard to downsize in a way.. m260?? There are quite some sharp pointy spots on edges with all the aluminum plating IMO. Don't trip or misplace foot or kiss shins or skin or both good-bye yikes. 

Pseries has much bigger bow than G series I think about 14in wider is what I was told. 230 will be getting revamp next year, surprised.. but go for it. 

P series is nice..!!!! lot of well engineered items, I only had few very minor complaints, Cables under power seat need tucked or some kind of cover so they are not exposed when seat is moved fwd.. LED cup holders, all seemed loose and sloppy IMO

Walkthrough has several levels but makes it easier without having to take huge steps, ladies will appreciate. Rear loungers.. wow comfy and cool. I see one possible problem , they are sealed and they have a drain spot on one side but not the outside of each seat I see a little water maybe a cup full collecting here not a big issue.

The folding tower light thingy is not aluminum, it looks so.. but is some plastic cover and was wobbly as heck, I can see this breaking off easily, maybe by design if u forget to fold down? It's a WTF is this POS part of the boat or maybe an after thought? 

Crazy cool battery switching technology, when in idle and havy loaded to avoid voltage drop and eliminates any issue between 3 grp 31 monster batteries..  there is some new sat-com link getting ready to launch for auto software updates and perhaps diagnostics? On star for nautique or something?

Crazy engine protection features

Well the tower is BA! Although it should have a fwd radar with auto tower avoidence system!

2 rear sub is an $8k upgrade so a total of 4 subs in this beast.. well it's loud to say the least.. what happened to the days of an 8k stereo system was NUTZ, thats for 2 extra mid range subs! inflation is out of control! 

A P25 loaded would be 280k, I'm sure MSRP is 350+. Why not just say MSRP is 500k since msrp is pointless anymore. 280k maybe not so bad if u did a crazy 20-30yr loan! 

Anyhow I want to test and see a real P25 in person, the 23s are nice and big and roomy so I can only imagine the P25!

Only issue is I'm guessing the Pseries is only a pure plowing surf boat and probably can't even get on plane even without ballast haha jk jk but maybe not! It's sweet though gosh dizzzang, I can see why they are selling like hot cakes, it's the new it boat, it draws, a crowd even when the show was dead.. it commands attention! 

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I don't recall mine leaning while sitting still, just while I was moving.

Ours doesn't lean sitting still, but under way, especially at wakeboard speed you notice it. 

I have 400 lbs of leadwake bags in my truck, for next summer

2 hours ago, Chrismoe said:

WOW! Is this wave pic real? If so, what boat is making this huge surf wave?

Chris

If you are talking about the pic that @IXFE posted that is from my 2019 25LSV. Another crew member owns it now. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

First a 27LSV. now an M260. Hulk how tall are you?  Do you have short man syndrome? 😂😂😂

That’s the main reason for the new Paragon tower. So the short guys can feel tall😂😂

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

That’s the main reason for the new Paragon tower. So the short guys can feel tall😂😂

hit a button and you can roll in Hobbit mode! 

Tower supposedly can be traileed at hwy speed with Bimini deployed, so long as it's all the way up or down as the actuators lock in both of those positions, I'd still be Leary about that but it did feel beefy. 

anyone know if you can buy the rear stretch canopy add-on, lookes like it simply strap-slips over the standard bimini i have (although G4) but doesnt look like that matters.

I'm wondering if you can buy the poles and insert sockets? i think this could be easily added to previous year models pretty easily?

20200219_162950.jpg

Edited by The Hulk

I was looking at an advertisement for an aftermarket sun shade the other day. It was for a salt water boat as I recall. It was like $2300 for the poles, canvas and pole receptacle bases. Most of the parts looked like one could source them from a Bimini parts supplier. If you had a sewing machine and some skills you might be able to go cheaper.