Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27LSV

Raleigh

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Agree , while crazy sweet.. I'll have to test drive, G-fans tend to exaggerated on waves.. the p series at freaking massive, I'd prefer the Malibu 27lsv!!!

Hey Hulk,

Have you considered testing the new Malibu M240?

Chris

1 hour ago, Chrismoe said:

Hey Hulk,

Have you considered testing the new Malibu M240?

Chris

It's nice.. I feel it's def bigger than the new 25lsv.. but I'm more of a TB guy.. the G P- series is nice bling but the bow isnt as TB as I'd like either.. maybe I should demo.. 

Probably going to hold off another year or till end of season and get some time to test a few of these new beasts and see if their waves and bling are worth the price Delta.. 

The ri257 may be a contender but it's still a centurion.. meh.. and draft is probably too deep for me and our use at around 4ft

X26 didn't like layout, lots of wasted space

I do feel Malibu will eventually do something bigger since they are now behind in size, but who knows when.. hopefully someone breaks the 102" beam barrier. Keep dreaming for now and do some demos this summer is the plan

On 2/16/2020 at 7:17 PM, The Hulk said:

I do feel Malibu will eventually do something bigger since they are now behind in size, but who knows when.. hopefully someone breaks the 102" beam barrier. 

8.5 feet is the width limit in most places to tow without an oversize load permit.  I suspect the manufacturers are reluctant to cross that threshold for fear of losing the trailering segment of the market.    

• Like 2

It's a really interesting decision that Nautique made to release a competitor (P-series) to their own halo product (G-series.)  I have to believe that they developed it as the replacement/new G and at some point some crazy marketing exec decided they could sell both of them.  My hats off to that guy.  Now I'm just curious how much of their G sales they are cannibalizing.  If 25% of production is now the P -- that must be a huge bite taken out of the regular G sales.  I wonder if they'll continue to make it?    It's a bold mrketing strategy to have good/better/best offerings: 230/G23/P23 (and that doesn't even factor in Supreme and Centurion in their product matrix.)

• Like 2
On 2/16/2020 at 7:17 PM, The Hulk said:

It's nice.. I feel it's def bigger than the new 25lsv.. but I'm more of a TB guy.. the G P- series is nice bling but the bow isnt as TB as I'd like either.. maybe I should demo.. 

Hulk, I am not sure why you don't like the new 25 lsv, but I just love mine. Granted, I came from a 2017 23 lsv, so compared to my 25, I think the 23 is just boring. My first Malibu was a 2010 247, that had more floor space and was quite roomy, but it didn't have the technology we have today for wake surfing. But the new 25 lsv has features that I love. First of all, it's size makes it a beast on the water and the envy of every 23 lsv owner. Perhaps the floor space is smaller, but seats are bigger and makes it much more comfortable than other boats, and there is plenty of room for your kids and your friends. The wave is better than any boat and it is really easy to shape. The MD6i motor has never bogged, and I carry over a 1000lbs of lead and sometimes 11-12 people. If I didn't love this boat, I would be in the market for something else because I have a tendency to change when I am unhappy, but my 2019 25 lsv is a keeper. 

Edited by bbattiste247
3 hours ago, Fffrank said:

It's a really interesting decision that Nautique made to release a competitor (P-series) to their own halo product (G-series.)  I have to believe that they developed it as the replacement/new G and at some point some crazy marketing exec decided they could sell both of them.  My hats off to that guy.  Now I'm just curious how much of their G sales they are cannibalizing.  If 25% of production is now the P -- that must be a huge bite taken out of the regular G sales.  I wonder if they'll continue to make it?    It's a bold mrketing strategy to have good/better/best offerings: 230/G23/P23 (and that doesn't even factor in Supreme and Centurion in their product matrix.)

I agree it seems only logical the G line will vanish at some point. looks like they added a power tower to the G-series (reverse like the MC)? the P-series is massivly taller than the G series, just stand next to the swim platform on trailer the G is normal height and the P series is like shoulder head-height! crazy!

I guess im shocked but not. they did come out with the GS-series to be "more budget" or i guess similar cost as a malibu, then the G was always more, now the P is over the top, so puts new meaning to good/better/best!

comparison video of the G23 vs P23 shows massive increase in NSS size and height of boat. willing to bet if the standard NSS coudl extend further or be bigger the G-series would have a lot longer/better wave as well. 

4 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

Hulk, I am not sure why you don't like the new 25 lsv, but I just love mine. Granted, I came from a 2017 23 lsv, so compared to my 25, I think the 23 is just boring. My first Malibu was a 2010 247, that had more floor space and was quite roomy, but it didn't have the technology we have today for wake surfing. But the new 25 lsv has features that I love. First of all, it's size makes it a beast on the water and the envy of every 23 lsv owner. Perhaps the floor space is smaller, but seats are bigger and makes it much more comfortable than other boats, and there is plenty of room for your kids and your friends. The wave is better than any boat and it is really easy to shape. The MD6i motor has never bogged, and I carry over a 1000lbs of lead and sometimes 11-12 people. If I didn't love this boat, I would be in the market for something else because I have a tendency to change when I am unhappy, but my 2019 25 lsv is a keeper. 

Totally agree here... having owned both a 2017 and a 2019 25 LSV.  Perhaps the new 25 isn't everything @The Hulk is dreaming of, but there's no way an owner of the older 25 moves to the new 25 and hates it.  I just can't see that scenario playing out.  It's just such a great boat and the value is phenomenal.  It's practically a price-point boat these days.  And the sales numbers show it.  The 2016-2018 25 outsold the old 247 by a wide margin.  The 2019+ 25 LSV is outselling the 2016-2019 model once again.  Malibu just keeps getting better and better in this slice of the market.  And I think they've been smart to keep the pricing in check (understanding that we're always going to see the run rate annual increase). 

Honestly my only beef with the new 25 is the gangsta' lean.  

Edited by IXFE
8 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I agree it seems only logical the G line will vanish at some point. looks like they added a power tower to the G-series (reverse like the MC)? the P-series is massivly taller than the G series, just stand next to the swim platform on trailer the G is normal height and the P series is like shoulder head-height! crazy!

I guess im shocked but not. they did come out with the GS-series to be "more budget" or i guess similar cost as a malibu, then the G was always more, now the P is over the top, so puts new meaning to good/better/best!

comparison video of the G23 vs P23 shows massive increase in NSS size and height of boat. willing to bet if the standard NSS coudl extend further or be bigger the G-series would have a lot longer/better wave as well. 

They won't discontinue the G series.  It's literally their bread and butter (well, the G23 is anyways).  Keep in mind, this is a company that will still sell you a 230.  So what makes us think they would discontinue the G23?  Not gonna happen.  

1 hour ago, bbattiste247 said:

Step in the older 25 for a few mins and you will understand it feels a lot larger, the new 25 feels more like a 23. there is a LOT of square footage that vanished in the new design (lots of floor space). I do like some of the features and at this point kind of dont like more than i like.

Looks are good, except tower, i just dont like the 10yr old tower design, i prefer the speakers Not so close to peoples heads/ears, and if you stand up its a head bonker. the board racks swing boards into speakers, so you have to position them correctly. Floor space is a Lot more narrow for all the junk we take with us. i would probably do a delete on the wake bench, i can count on one finger how many times i've used it (other than for service access) and the gaps are HUGE on the wakeview bench to side seats, 

transom sun-pad is much smaller lots of square footage gone here, its not as comfortable if you lay out on it like we do, the fiberglass exposed deck in the rear kills the shins if you arent careful, i suppose you could add some foam traction here. total length of boat is same but from the sides its shorter with the back being chopped off and "V" towards rear center. Storage compartments are smaller and hold less crap/gear/smaller PNP. (granted the PNP) has the upgraded high tanks to show levels, but over-all much much less use able space. 

look i would have upgraded but for 50-60k i'll have to drop there is just more i dislike than like on the new revision. Its seriously sad to me. 24mX feels bigger than the 25 and thats sad to me! ha

i was at boat show 2 days ago and just sat in the new 25, it just isnt enough space for us frankly. We use it as a day boat 90% of the time. Huge cooler that currently fits behind drivers seat with the seat folded up, the storage area on the new one would prevent that and a huge wheel-cooler would have to go on the floor, but we typically have another cooler or two pushed up against the side here as well if we have guest. with the new 25 anything on the floor will basically be in the middle and need stepped over instead of being able to walk around it. Floor space, well being so narrow everyones feet will be trampled on by kidos since its so narrow. when there is a boat full of ppl trying to get around one another is why i love mine so much its easy. Narrowing that up will just require ppl to kneel or step on seats to get around. I know i'm over thinking it but if i'm going to pay more i want bigger not smaller! 

the G25 always had a lot of space but wave was junk, the P25 would be interesting although you could buy TWO 25lsvs and run them side by side for the same price! 

Edited by The Hulk

5 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

8.5 feet is the width limit in most places to tow without an oversize load permit.  I suspect the manufacturers are reluctant to cross that threshold for fear of losing the trailering segment of the market.    

I guess so, although pontoon industry did a while back and those 10ft wide beams are NICE!! way more stable on choppy days and lots more space! i just dont see the 27lsv as being a weekend trailer boat, its for the folks who have a place and keep it on the lake, just as with the majority of 26ft+ size boats. local dealers can handle them and i'm willing to bet throughout the midwest most folks with a 26ft+ are having their dealers handle things. 

and how do guide poles count on the trailers, i swear those things have got to be wider than 8'6" ? is there any rules for width of boat vs wheel base width? anyhow frankly i dont see a 27lsv as having any problems overcoming trailer width issues. if you want to go lake hopping buy a 25 or smaller IMO. 

the only downside of going wider is that boat would need a TON more ballast to comp the extra surface area. Essentially puts you up in the P25 size range needing 600+hp. 

23 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Looks are good, except tower, i just dont like the 10yr old tower design, i prefer the speakers Not so close to peoples heads/ears, and if you stand up its a head bonker. the board racks swing boards into speakers, so you have to position them correctly. Floor space is a Lot more narrow for all the junk we take with us. i would probably do a delete on the wake bench, i can count on one finger how many times i've used it (other than for service access) and the gaps are HUGE on the wakeview bench to side seats, 

I totally agree about changing the tower. That should have been done a few years back. In my 247, we used to lie a twin mattress on the floor and place rolled up towels between the mattress and the kick panels below the seats to keep the mattress in place...we can't even put a mattress down now, so, yes the floor space is smaller. 

We use the wake bench all the time, and when I first got the boat, I was concerned about the gap, but it does not interfere with seating. 

I haven't been in a pre-19 25 for a few years, but I remember not liking all the carpet. I just hooked up with a guy who own a 24 mxz and he thought my boat felt bigger except for the bow. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Totally agree here... having owned both a 2017 and a 2019 25 LSV.  Perhaps the new 25 isn't everything @The Hulk is dreaming of, but there's no way an owner of the older 25 moves to the new 25 and hates it.  I just can't see that scenario playing out.  It's just such a great boat and the value is phenomenal.  It's practically a value boat these days.  And the sales numbers show it.  The 2016-2018 25 outsold the old 247 by a wide margin.  The 2019+ 25 LSV is outselling the 2016-2019 model once again.  Malibu just keeps getting better and better in this slice of the market.  And I think they've been smart to keep the pricing in check (understanding that we're always going to see the run rate annual increase). 

I have owned both variants of the 25LSV and the new 25 is an awesome boat.  I do see some of Hulk's point about the smaller sun pad, but everything else about the boat is an improvement.  If it were not for the new M240 and my obsession with the best. I would still be in my 2019 25LSV.

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Floor space is a Lot more narrow for all the junk we take with us.

Isn't part of the benefit of having all those seats is all the space underneath them to store junk so it doesn't end up on the floor in the first place?

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I guess so, although pontoon industry did a while back and those 10ft wide beams are NICE!! way more stable on choppy days and lots more space! i just dont see the 27lsv as being a weekend trailer boat, its for the folks who have a place and keep it on the lake, just as with the majority of 26ft+ size boats. local dealers can handle them and i'm willing to bet throughout the midwest most folks with a 26ft+ are having their dealers handle things. 

and how do guide poles count on the trailers, i swear those things have got to be wider than 8'6" ? is there any rules for width of boat vs wheel base width? anyhow frankly i dont see a 27lsv as having any problems overcoming trailer width issues. if you want to go lake hopping buy a 25 or smaller IMO. 

the only downside of going wider is that boat would need a TON more ballast to comp the extra surface area. Essentially puts you up in the P25 size range needing 600+hp. 

Every state is different.  And it is pretty easy to get a permit for loads under 14' Wide.  I just moved a 14' wide carport this weekend I sold on Craigslist and the permit for the state highway was only 10 bucks, but I needed two pilot cars.  

Guideposts might be exempt from the width requirements depending on your states regs.  Here is WA.  

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.44.010

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Isn't part of the benefit of having all those seats is all the space underneath them to store junk so it doesn't end up on the floor in the first place?

I like all our junk accessible at all times without making ppl stand up .. I know I'm weird haha

2 hours ago, Sixer said:

@IXFE what do you mean by that?  Boat has to be listed to surf well?

The new 25 doesn't sit level (empty).  There's a noticeable lean to the driver's side.  Some will opine that it's torque induced lean from the massive 17" prop, but I didn't have that on my old 25 (also 17" prop) and I can tell the boat leans even when the prop isn't spinning.  

Most of the new 25 owners a few hundred pounds of led on the port side to even it out.  

• Like 3
6 hours ago, IXFE said:

Totally agree here... having owned both a 2017 and a 2019 25 LSV.  Perhaps the new 25 isn't everything @The Hulk is dreaming of, but there's no way an owner of the older 25 moves to the new 25 and hates it.  I just can't see that scenario playing out.  It's just such a great boat and the value is phenomenal.  It's practically a price-point boat these days.  And the sales numbers show it.  The 2016-2018 25 outsold the old 247 by a wide margin.  The 2019+ 25 LSV is outselling the 2016-2019 model once again.  Malibu just keeps getting better and better in this slice of the market.  And I think they've been smart to keep the pricing in check (understanding that we're always going to see the run rate annual increase). 

The 25 is a “price point boat”?  

31 minutes ago, IXFE said:

The new 25 doesn't sit level (empty).  There's a noticeable lean to the driver's side.  Some will opine that it's torque induced lean from the massive 17" prop, but I didn't have that on my old 25 (also 17" prop) and I can tell the boat leans even when the prop isn't spinning.  

Most of the new 25 owners a few hundred pounds of led on the port side to even it out.  

Mine list to port, big time, sitting at the dock. 😁🤫But she rides nice and flat.