Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27LSV

Raleigh

39 minutes ago, asnowman said:

anyone know why it looks like there is an extra exhaust port on the g25 paragon?

image.png.6ecfd6b9be117bb340f291dd915fefac.png

you can  see the surf pipe, at teh lower right of the picture, but what is that other exhaust looking port?

I believe this is for their exhaust bypass when the stern thruster is engaged.

2 hours ago, CJAY said:

I like the Paragon, but not 200k+ more than the G23.  Nice boat, some cool extra touches to hit, like the vinyl stitching matching the gel coat scheme, and the tower.  The wake subs were kind of goofy though.  all in all nice boat, all in all way over priced.  It will sell a ton a G23s though

Strange, the one at our boat show was like $240k and the M240 was $260k, both boat show priced.  I liked them both, would never buy either.  

I am using Canada exchange rate eh :biggrin:

2 hours ago, COOP said:

Seems like a lot of engineering thats not needed. 

If they didn't move the exhaust port, then the stern thruster sucks exhaust air and fails to turn the boat.  At idle the exhaust comes from the upper port, and while underway, it comes from the surfpipe.  

You probably knew that, but it is clear that not everyone understands the reasoning.  That is what made a $500  thruster into a 10K option.  That seems to be the mode of wakeboats these days.  

13 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

If they didn't move the exhaust port, then the stern thruster sucks exhaust air and fails to turn the boat.  At idle the exhaust comes from the upper port, and while underway, it comes from the surfpipe.  

You probably knew that, but it is clear that not everyone understands the reasoning.  That is what made a $500  thruster into a 10K option.  That seems to be the mode of wakeboats these days.  

I dont know a whole lot about these thrusters. I know that the bow thruster last year wasnt that hot, nor did it work all that good, and it used a lot of space on the boat. Almost all of our Malibus were ordered with this option this year. None of them has an exhaust port like this.

Odd that Malibu not doing this and their thruster is in the same position.

Edited by COOP
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, COOP said:

I dont know a whole lot about these thrusters. I know that the bow thruster last year wasnt that hot, nor did it work all that good, and it used a lot of space on the boat. Almost all of our Malibus were ordered with this option this year. None of them has an exhaust port like this.

I think it has to do with Nautique's motor being inside the hull with the propulsion being outside.  While the Malibu version has the complete unit (motor and propulsion) on the exterior of the hull. 

2 hours ago, COOP said:

Looking at the way Malibu does it, it seems clear that when the thruster is engaged to pull the rear of the boat to the port side, the trail of exhaust from the surf pipe would go up into the thruster and it would lose all of its power.  I would assume when pulling to starboard, it isn't a problem, the exhaust would go away from the thruster, since it is located on the starboard side of the transom.  

I am not sure how the location of anything but the thruster itself would make a difference.  Is there anyone on here that loves their thruster and can explain if they have noticed it only does well pulling the boat to the starboard?  How much is the Malibu thruster option, BTW?  

On 2/9/2020 at 4:14 PM, Cole2001 said:

@The Hulk Spent some time yesterday in the one of one G25 Paragon and oh boy by far the best boat I’ve ever been in. So much space even compared to some of the other larger boats like the 257. 

Not trying to hate on Malibu but it wasn’t even in the same level as the new M240. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/4dfm92n

lol that looks no different than g25..... 

1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

lol that looks no different than g25..... 

Of course it’s gonna look a bit like a G as it’s made by Nautique. But it’s a lot different in person, I was never a big fan of the G. 

On 2/9/2020 at 3:55 PM, 2020LSV23 said:

Over $400,000 after taxes.

I can't even begin to fathom spending that much for a boat that would see 2-3 months of service up here.  Maybe Mr. Wonderful should get one to replace the one wrecked in the crash?  For that sort of money, I'd invest in waterfront property.  Or Bitcoin.  :)

Ya it’s an insane amount of capital to tie up into a toy you can use a few months of the year up here in cold Canada. Unfortunately if you have that much money to burn on a seasonal toy your likely working very long days which would limit your use of it also. 

I saw the G23 Paragon at the Boat Show locally.  It's a beautiful boat, but IMO the G23 is already overpriced when compared to my BU.  My 23 LSV does everything as well as a G23, makes a better wave and has just as many features.  The build quality may be better on the G23, but the price difference was about $50K out the door.....Just not worth the extra.  Add in the Paragon tax (looked like about $50-$75k more).  I just don't see it being twice the boat.....but it is twice the money.

Paragon is about 25-30k more than standard G, more boxes checked but loaded up obviously 50k+ maybe 75k depending on engine

The msrp also seems to be inflated at slightly higher % compared to the standard G. maybe to make the actual paid price seem like u got a killer deal? 

No questions build quality is top notch at nautique but for seasonal use hard to justify, but hey maybe they upd from 20yr loans to 30yr? Haha

On 2/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, TallRedRider said:

Looking at the way Malibu does it, it seems clear that when the thruster is engaged to pull the rear of the boat to the port side, the trail of exhaust from the surf pipe would go up into the thruster and it would lose all of its power.  I would assume when pulling to starboard, it isn't a problem, the exhaust would go away from the thruster, since it is located on the starboard side of the transom.  

I am not sure how the location of anything but the thruster itself would make a difference.  Is there anyone on here that loves their thruster and can explain if they have noticed it only does well pulling the boat to the starboard?  How much is the Malibu thruster option, BTW?  

I haven't noticed any difference in how well it pushes in either direction. My understanding is it around 10k msrp on the 2020 models. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Paragon is about 25-30k more than standard G, more boxes checked but loaded up obviously 50k+ maybe 75k depending on engine

The msrp also seems to be inflated at slightly higher % compared to the standard G. maybe to make the actual paid price seem like u got a killer deal? 

No questions build quality is top notch at nautique but for seasonal use hard to justify, but hey maybe they upd from 20yr loans to 30yr? Haha

Based on what is being said on Planet Nautique, the out the door price is a solid 60K more for the Paragon.  That includes some standard upgrades that aren't even available on the standard G, like 600 HP PCM motor and power tower.  The gap can be narrowed a little, but one fellow priced out G23 vs P23 equally optioned as much as possible (supercharged motor, etc) and still was 60K greater on the P23.   

That is what I read on the internet. 

Just got back from our boat show the Paragon is freaking awesome!! 

Only a 23-footer there I can only imagine the 25 footer the thing is crazy tall looks massive on trailer.. rep said p series has taken 25% of their entire production. 

Purchase price seems to be mide 200s well equipped

15 hours ago, NWBU said:

Same price range around here too. I’m thinking you’ll really like the 25’ version.

Yes , will need to upgrade my lift to a 10-12k though.. seems the 25 is about 7500 dry, then 1k gas gear, and then people.. 

The 23 is very nice so the 25 would be the same I'm curious the price difference 25-30k?

23 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Yes , will need to upgrade my lift to a 10-12k though.. seems the 25 is about 7500 dry, then 1k gas gear, and then people.. 

The 23 is very nice so the 25 would be the same I'm curious the price difference 25-30k?

That’s my guess, $20-30k depending on dealer, but I haven’t seen any actual pricing for that boat.

Upgrading the lift won’t be any issue, so sounds like this could happen for you then?! 

26 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

The P25 up here in Canada was just over 350 cad which comes out to ~265usd. 

Yes 23 loaded up here was aboutv 25k less than that.

Yes although I'm not overly convinced the wave is a game changer compared to the 25 I have now. Frankly looks very similar in size and length and total weight consider wedge is not much different,  tower would be nice for our bridge, the new Malibu power tower is a fail for bridges don't gain much maybe a foot of your Bimini is deployed and if boards are shifted fwd. 

Figured I'd be 265k - 90k for mine, maybe I could get 20k for my used lift.. puts me at 155k + around 30k for lift. So I figured I'm out 180-190k.. ouch.. yikes..

Or buy a BA pontoon, and 2 killer PWCs and upgrade to a new 25lsv? Ha

It's def a new life goal ha, just doubt wife will allow to justify

Edited by The Hulk
56 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Yes 23 loaded up here was aboutv 25k less than that.

Yes although I'm not overly convinced the wave is a game changer compared to the 25 I have now. Frankly looks very similar in size and length and total weight consider wedge is not much different,  tower would be nice for our bridge, the new Malibu power tower is a fail for bridges don't gain much maybe a foot of your Bimini is deployed and if boards are shifted fwd. 

Figured I'd be 265k - 90k for mine, maybe I could get 20k for my used lift.. puts me at 155k + around 30k for lift. So I figured I'm out 180-190k.. ouch.. yikes..

Or buy a BA pontoon, and 2 killer PWCs and upgrade to a new 25lsv? Ha

It's def a new life goal ha, just doubt wife will allow to justify

Yep, that's how the math works for those extra features and tweaks to the waves, so I'm sticking with the "value" boats, 23 and 25 LSVs. My next $100K+ is going towards a Vans RV-10, which has a longer usable season and doesn't require a wetsuit in the shoulder seasons.