Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

27LSV

Raleigh

I'm loosing faith, they shrunk the new 25lsv..  I can't downgrade on floor space I've got 3 kids for crying out loud! Wife talking all crazy about having a 4th, told her ain't nooo way our Lil 25 gonna be able to fit 6 comfortably!! 

MC x26 is an option but Terrible layout, MC x300 too old no surf gate, paviti 26-1/2ft is good option but wave isn't best yet.. nor price and resale.. I was praying Bu would make a 27lsv already now that everyone has bigger boats than they do.

G23 paragon too small, will wait to see the new g25 paragon for next year or end of summer as the current g25 is a bla wave at best

One crazy thing is that the new 23 Paragon has taken 25% of production. While I thought was ridiculously priced they are selling like hot cakes! Crazy! Not a fan of the looks, a 27lsv fr Malibu would be awesome, or a TB from pavaiti..

Wishful thinking on my part

My only wish is they start getting wider beams 102 is Soo 10yrs ago, half the market nowadays hardly trailers or their dealers do it for them, who cares not like you will be lake hopping every weekend in your f150 & 27lsv anyways ! Haha

Edited by The Hulk

@The Hulk Spent some time yesterday in the one of one G25 Paragon and oh boy by far the best boat I’ve ever been in. So much space even compared to some of the other larger boats like the 257. 

Not trying to hate on Malibu but it wasn’t even in the same level as the new M240. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/4dfm92n

Edited by Cole2001

Oh boy where this be at? Wish it was a TB but that may have the next boat if it surfs better than the current g25 and g23s. If better or similar to the 25lsv wave I'm sold, with a walkthrough oh boy.. price will stink I'm sure.. Malibu missing a market on a bigger for sure. 

Wizard lake marine snagged it and brought it down to the Vancouver boat show. They don’t even have a trailer made for it yet. 
I haven’t surfed it yet but I’ve definitely heard some of the pros saying it’s as good as the 23 paragon. I’ve got a bunch of friends who are die hard 257 owners and are not a fan of the G wave, but they have nothing but great things to say about the paragon wave. 
360K Canadian was boat show price. 

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

@The Hulk Spent some time yesterday in the one of one G25 Paragon and oh boy by far the best boat I’ve ever been in. So much space even compared to some of the other larger boats like the 257. 

Not trying to hate on Malibu but it wasn’t even in the same level as the new M240. 

Lol I hope it is better than the 240 and it better surf better if it’s 80 k more . It will be a big success if it surfs as well as the 23 paragon as g boats struggle over 23 feet . It’s a cool boat but can’t see where all the extra money is from the stepchild g series now . 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Wizard lake marine snagged it and brought it down to the Vancouver boat show. They don’t even have a trailer made for it yet. 
I haven’t surfed it yet but I’ve definitely heard some of the pros saying it’s as good as the 23 paragon. I’ve got a bunch of friends who are die hard 257 owners and are not a fan of the G wave, but they have nothing but great things to say about the paragon wave. 

Over $400,000 after taxes. A $100,000 more than an M240. Unless your a millionaire that extra $100K not worth it IMO. And Paragon interior is terrible, I cant stand all the snow flake designs. The Paragon hull looks great and tower I love the style and lines but the M240 interior is far nicer with respect to lines and flow. Paragon interior is overkill with futuristic and to me its starting to look less classy. 

It may be significantly more than a G but I know wizard sold at least six or so half way into the Calgary boat show. 

I completely agree tho, I could never justify the extra money compared to an Ri257 which puts out a very equivalent wave. But when you look at the added features over the G23 there is some significance, the boat overall is way deeper, bigger engine, tower, new hull design, etc. 

47 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

wizard sold at least six or so half way into the Calgary boat show

Those Quistbergs sure know how to move product!  In Alberta no less; given the nature of the economy here it is shocking, but not unsurprising.  (I wonder if they ever found those 4 high end surf boats that got nicked a couple years back?)

We upgraded for our family of 4 kids to a 25lsv. Its big enough. Our regular crew had become about 9 on our vtx, so the 25 seems great.

That said, like @The Hulk i would be in the front of the line for a 27. I could not possibly justify the cost of a 240, or paragon series for the way we use it.

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

As good as a G23? G23 is blah at best, paragon who knows.. better be better than the g for sure. Hopefully they figured it out on the g25/paragon 25

Look at the added water surface area on the g25 vs marginal weight/ballast difference , not enough to compensate for all the added floatation

Edited by The Hulk
13 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

As good as a G23? G23 is blah at best, paragon who knows.. better be better than the g for sure. Hopefully they figured it out on the g25/paragon 25

Look at the added water surface area on the g25 vs marginal weight/ballast difference , not enough to compensate for all the added floatation

Ah no the new G23 paragon is as good or better than the 257 wave. And the 25 paragon is supposedly better. Ive got numerous centurion pro riders saying this too. 

I believe Nautique put a lot of engineering into this boat to create a killer wave with minimal weight. The hull has a very unique curve to it and the NSS plates are giant. 

Wow good comments! Ok so not a real thing yet but maybe should be. 

The beam does seem to be an issue. The beam on my boat slip at the coast I sold was apparently so narrow that few boats fit in. The beams have been widening to their max. 

Many 30’ outboards I see trailered up the highway during pre hurricane impact evacuation suggest it is possible to sell boats that won’t typically be but can be trailered. 

15 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

Lol I hope it is better than the 240 and it better surf better if it’s 80 k more . It will be a big success if it surfs as well as the 23 paragon as g boats struggle over 23 feet . It’s a cool boat but can’t see where all the extra money is from the stepchild g series now . 

I am glad people are in this camp.  The Paragon is awesome - but it is like comparing a 21 VLX to a loaded out 24 MXZ (and then some...).  They were asking 300k at the CLT boat show and 214k for the M240.  Both boats seem of the same quality of the others in the line up.  I don't get either trying to sell this....

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

22 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

I like the Paragon, but not 200k+ more than the G23.  Nice boat, some cool extra touches to hit, like the vinyl stitching matching the gel coat scheme, and the tower.  The wake subs were kind of goofy though.  all in all nice boat, all in all way over priced.  It will sell a ton a G23s though

21 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Over $400,000 after taxes. A $100,000 more than an M240. Unless your a millionaire that extra $100K not worth it IMO. And Paragon interior is terrible, I cant stand all the snow flake designs. The Paragon hull looks great and tower I love the style and lines but the M240 interior is far nicer with respect to lines and flow. Paragon interior is overkill with futuristic and to me its starting to look less classy. 

Strange, the one at our boat show was like $240k and the M240 was $260k, both boat show priced.  I liked them both, would never buy either.  

Edited by CJAY

anyone know why it looks like there is an extra exhaust port on the g25 paragon?

image.png.6ecfd6b9be117bb340f291dd915fefac.png

you can  see the surf pipe, at teh lower right of the picture, but what is that other exhaust looking port?

32 minutes ago, asnowman said:

anyone know why it looks like there is an extra exhaust port on the g25 paragon?

image.png.6ecfd6b9be117bb340f291dd915fefac.png

you can  see the surf pipe, at teh lower right of the picture, but what is that other exhaust looking port?

Ballast quick-drain?