Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M240 vs. G25

Dfowkes

Good video to demonstrate the difference  between a 2020 Hull and 2013 Hull.  would love to see  a video comparing a Dialed RI237, M240 wave does look sweet

Edited by LucasC
updated

The problem is that no-one does an unbiased side by side comparison when boats are different brands. About the only way to get a true comparison is too demo them yourself.

• Like 3
On 2/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, Infinitysurf said:

The problem is that no-one does an unbiased side by side comparison when boats are different brands. About the only way to get a true comparison is too demo them yourself.

I have found that demos are tough because rarely do you get a DIALED wave on a new boat demo. At least that has been the case for me. Best way to get a real comparison is to find owners that Have dialed in their waves and try to get a set behind them.  Tough to do, I know. Every demo I have been on has had me yearning for more. I have preferred my wave from my little old 2012 VLX compared to newer, bigger boats with much more potential. 

Edited by isellacuras
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

25 paragon looks nice but she's seemingly light on ballast??? 

I think it is weird.  The G series has more ballast than the Paragon boats.  2250 vs 2850, or thereabouts.  The Paragon boats are much heavier overall, but still only translates to a 600 pound advantage to the Paragon when both are fully loaded with stock ballast.  They claim with the bigger NSS plates, and hull design, the wave is better than the G series.  It will be good once we see a few in the wild to find if it is true.   

10 hours ago, The Hulk said:

25 paragon looks nice but she's seemingly light on ballast??? 

IMO, a 25 ft boat needs to be sunk, or bias it to rear of the boat. With stock ballast, I can get the biggest wave withthe bow sac empty. I always run 1000 lead, so that allows more weight in the bow to flatten out a bit. One way to look at it is a 23.5ft boat that total weight ..ballast gas crew is the same as a 25.5 boat,the shorter boat will prolly sink deeper, possibly yielding a bigger wave...soooo... the 25 paragon prolly needs another 1k or 2k ballast. I think all these bigger boats need 5k or more to maximize their potential, but that is just me.

16 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I think it is weird.  The G series has more ballast than the Paragon boats.  2250 vs 2850, or thereabouts.  The Paragon boats are much heavier overall, but still only translates to a 600 pound advantage to the Paragon when both are fully loaded with stock ballast.  They claim with the bigger NSS plates, and hull design, the wave is better than the G series.  It will be good once we see a few in the wild to find if it is true.   

At the end of the day it's displacement, so regardless I don't seeing it as a game changer other than larger plates/nss may lengthen the wave more than anything. Unless the new design has a lot less sq footage on the water she ain't sinking much deeper

Edited by The Hulk
15 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Looks good to me. Wave is far better than the G series. Pro riders who hated the G wave in the past are claiming this boat is top of its class. 

My wife and I took lessons from these 2 (Wake Surf AZ) down in Arizona this summer on their G23. Great people it was fun but hot as hell down in Arizona in August haha

Edited by 2020LSV23
16 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Looks good to me. Wave is far better than the G series. Pro riders who hated the G wave in the past are claiming this boat is top of its class. 

It's just the gate , bigger now bigger = longer delay, longer wave, wonder how hard it would be to upgrade a normal G. Can u only get the larger nss on paragon series or is it the new standard sizes nss like the Malibu wedge? 

Pro riders.. the pot head kids who can't afford a boat..and brag how good their loaner brand is.. i always take the pro riders views with a grain of salt as they are obviously biased based on sponsorship. Haha I would def want to demo that thing this year!  Maybe if I can get to pro level I can get a g25 paragon loaner to brag about? Ha.. no hope for my fat self 

Edited by The Hulk
7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

It's just the gate , bigger now bigger = longer delay, longer wave, wonder how hard it would be to upgrade a normal G. Can u only get the larger nss on paragon series or is it the new standard sizes nss like the Malibu wedge? 

Pro riders.. the pot head kids who can't afford a boat..and brag how good their loaner brand is.. i always take the pro riders views with a grain of salt as they are obviously biased based on sponsorship. Haha I would def want to demo that thing this year!  Maybe if I can get to pro level I can get a g25 paragon loaner to brag about? Ha.. no hope for my fat self 

I don’t think you could put a bigger plate on the current G. You could make it deploy further but I don’t believe you have the hull depth to go bigger unless you went above the platform. 

Haha yeah some pro riders are like that. I will say you definitely see more of that stereotype in wakeboarding rather than surfing surprisingly. Surfing just isn’t affordable with these new boats and through the roof prices. I’m talking about the older pros who have actually made their money and paid for things aha. 

8 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

My wife and I took lessons from these 2 (Wake Surf AZ) down in Arizona this summer on their G23. Great people it was fun but hot as hell down in Arizona in August haha

Awesome! The Viland’s are great people, and are one of the grass roots to coaching. 
Definitely would be hot! I’ll keep Az as my winter hide away. 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I just got a 2022 m240 and the wave washes out with the higher wedge settings especially on the regular side. The goofy side is better but still washes out about wedge setting 3. Has anyone figured out ideal settings and ballast for the biggest/ best wave?

4 hours ago, Dhaltomk said:

I just got a 2022 m240 and the wave washes out with the higher wedge settings especially on the regular side. The goofy side is better but still washes out about wedge setting 3. Has anyone figured out ideal settings and ballast for the biggest/ best wave?

What speeds are you going? And how many people usually in the boat?

4 hours ago, Dhaltomk said:

@Dfowkes😎

Saw this beauty at AWS in OC while my Bu was getting midsummer svs. They were peeling all the stickers and getting it ready for its new owner I assume.  Biggest and nicest wakeboat I have ever seen.  Definitely seems bigger than a m240 IMO.  Can’t talk any crap about nautiques. They are cranking out some awesome boats.

3A7BC1FB-99FD-461A-9842-4BC7D744BAA3.jpeg

• Like 1
On 8/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Dhaltomk said:

So how is the wake it makes up to the point it washes out?

I am not under the impression that the fact that it has a "6" setting means that it is useable.  On our 22 LSV I don't remember it being clean over a 3, and our 2021 23 MXZ a wedge of 4, possibly 5 (goofy) are the most we can use.  in the MXZ with a 6 wedge it will not get past 11.0 MPH with a well loaded boat much less clean the wave.  What motor do you have that you can do a 11.8 (I assume if you are looking for long and tall your are running fastish) with a 6 wedge setting?

On 8/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Dhaltomk said:

I would try 11.6 all hard tanks full.  First go no wedge.  Then try wedge at 2 see how that works.