Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15% off + Free Ship on Lead Wake!!!

Murphy8166

Take a look at the Lead Wake group buy in the group buy forum for all members.  This is the best discounting I have seen from them.  This is a short one so jump on it while you can!  Ends after Super Bowl Sunday.

1 hour ago, Murphy8166 said:

Take a look at the Lead Wake group buy in the group buy forum for all members.  This is the best discounting I have seen from them.  This is a short one so jump on it while you can!  Ends after Super Bowl Sunday.

Thanks to all who got this buy for TMC.  @Dfowkes @Murphy8166  I've been putting this purchase off for too long.  Finally have 200lbs coming my way.

13 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Thanks to all who got this buy for TMC.  @Dfowkes @Murphy8166  I've been putting this purchase off for too long.  Finally have 200lbs coming my way.

You are most welcome.  Jared has been a great supporter of wakesurfing in our community.  I really like lead because it is so easy to move around.  Moving a bag or two makes a huge difference in dialing in your wave.  And yes this is some of www.leadwake.com best pricing.  Pic is from my wave on my 25LSV

thumbnail32.jpg

No problem at all and frankly DFOWKES was the driver behind this deal! 

No toes stepped on!  I welcome anyone who has a group buy suggestion and / or relationship with a vendor.  I know we have folks on the site that do and it would be awesome to partner towards getting our members the best deals possible!!!!

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

Jared says we ordered 39 bags from www.leadwake.com  Good job crew.  I hope everyone enjoys their new purchase.

Thanks for getting this setup!  Credit goes to you for hooking everybody up with the discount.

17 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

Jared says we ordered 39 bags from www.leadwake.com  Good job crew.  I hope everyone enjoys their new purchase.

I totally forgot about it this weekend and remembered the minute I woke up this morning lol.  Hopefully I can catch the next GB!

• Like 1

Mine was delivered over 3 consecutive days.  They delivered 2 on Tues., 1 on Wed., and 1 on Thursday.  Jared said they all shipped together.  We had snow on Wednesday so I could see where the mailman, backed into driveway, footprints around truck and I'm pretty sure they just rolled the box out and where it landed was where I found it in the driveway.  Now I have an excuse to kick on the heater and uncover the boat over the weekend.  

They're really taking that "if it fits, it ships" policy USPS has to the extreme.  My mailman huffed two boxes at once in one of those mailing crates up the driveway to the front door.  I was impressed!

For those that missed this group buy I have another code that’s good for 10% off and free shipping. It’s still a good buy but not as good as last week. Looking forward to another great season on the water.  

On 2/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, BlitzedVLX said:

Is 4 50lb good for bow of 2018 vlx 22 with no built in bow ballast

Depends on what you have in the back.  I have the hard tank up front full and if I fill my 750s in the rear about 2/3 (roughtly 500lb each side) I am good with the tank in front.  I added 200lbs of lead so I can fill the rears and not be reliant on guests to be on board.  I don't know exactly what the front holds in the tank but knew that when I threw a 200lb adult up front, then I could fill the rears all the way which is why I added lead.  When it's just the family on the water, we would put all 3 kids up front and they didn't equal 200lbs which meant we couldn't fill the rears past 75%. 

In all the boats I have helped setup, I have found the happy median to be a 2:1 ratio between rear and front.  If we ran 1500 in the rear then we needed at least 750 up front to offset.  I have used this theory on a 2015 A22, 2016 A22, 2016 22VLX, 2017 21VLX and our 2018 22VLX.  We have quite a few Malibu's in our extended family and this ratio works well for smaller groups on the boat.  If we have 8 adults in the boat, I try to balance the load side to side and front to back and may not fill ballast to max to offset. Hope this helps.

Wondering if I could fit a couple of these in the battery compartment of a T22 - there looks like there's some extra space in there?

I have the front P&P bag already but another 100lb's or so in the nose would be nice for the days it's just the wife and I.  Thoughts from anyone who might have tried that?

On 2/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, wedge88 said:

Depends on what you have in the back.  I have the hard tank up front full and if I fill my 750s in the rear about 2/3 (roughtly 500lb each side) I am good with the tank in front.  I added 200lbs of lead so I can fill the rears and not be reliant on guests to be on board.  I don't know exactly what the front holds in the tank but knew that when I threw a 200lb adult up front, then I could fill the rears all the way which is why I added lead.  When it's just the family on the water, we would put all 3 kids up front and they didn't equal 200lbs which meant we couldn't fill the rears past 75%. 

In all the boats I have helped setup, I have found the happy median to be a 2:1 ratio between rear and front.  If we ran 1500 in the rear then we needed at least 750 up front to offset.  I have used this theory on a 2015 A22, 2016 A22, 2016 22VLX, 2017 21VLX and our 2018 22VLX.  We have quite a few Malibu's in our extended family and this ratio works well for smaller groups on the boat.  If we have 8 adults in the boat, I try to balance the load side to side and front to back and may not fill ballast to max to offset. Hope this helps.

Ok great thanks this makes sense. I will have 550lb pnp in rears. I ordered 10x 50lb lead wake bags and also have 140lbs of dumbells that i ground the handles off. So I plan to have at least all the 500lb lead wake in the bow.