Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 lsv 6600lb hydrohoist

smuurph84

I had my 2019 23LSV on a 6500lb hydro hoist lift last summer for a month while a marina was letting us use a slip.  It got it out of the water but I always worried if iit was going to stay up all week between times I checked on it.  It never want down but always made me worry.  For a 25, I would be looking for at least an 8klb lift to make me feel better about things.

did you keep it loaded out with gear and such? ( I just bought the new dock and lift last year and I really didn't plan for a 25 or an upgrade for that matter) nice to know it will at least work if were to upgrade. 

thanks,

I have a 2019 25 LSV and keep it on a hydrohoist 6600. You will have zero issues lifting it. I keep 600# of lead, full fuel, gear, etc. and it still lifts way out of the water. 

You can probably add at least 10-15% to that 6600 capacity.  I have a ShoreStation and I was told the load rating is about 10-15% less than what it is actually capable of.  I would assume most lifts do the same to be safe.  They won't tell you it can hold more than it is rated for though.

You can call hydro hoist and they will tell you. 

I have a 23 LSV and a 6600 hydro hoist currently. I have a 25 LSV on order...... And a bigger lift. 

My 23 is all my 6600 can handle. 

3 minutes ago, Bman1 said:

You can call hydro hoist and they will tell you. 

I have a 23 LSV and a 6600 hydro hoist currently. I have a 25 LSV on order...... And a bigger lift. 

My 23 is all my 6600 can handle. 

What’s your elevation? 
My 25 sits way out of the water on the lift. 

Are you sure it’s not the 4400? The tanks look the same except the tanks are another 8-12” deeper.

Why not just add another tank to the middle? 

14 hours ago, Hemmy said:

You can probably add at least 10-15% to that 6600 capacity.  I have a ShoreStation and I was told the load rating is about 10-15% less than what it is actually capable of.  I would assume most lifts do the same to be safe.  They won't tell you it can hold more than it is rated for though.

Depends on the mfg, true with some brands and testing (smart) but with other brands the actual weight is far less than the stated capacity.. crazy !! Just remember when a cable breaks or something worse and boat or human damage occurs u will not win an insurance argument if 1lb over any specified ratings or distributed loading.. you wouldn't believe the number of 6k lifts breaking all the time with supposed 5500lb boats that end up well over 6k with gas gear and only a person or two in the boat..let alone several.

Example are FLOE lifts where an 8k is more like a 6k based on beam loading etc..like someone has the ability to measure.. this is one that always struck me as a liability waiting to happen and most dealers are unaware of this fine but important detail. About zero customers are aware.

Floating lifts are far different and safer than cable lifts. Just check warranty and fine writing.

Floating lifts easy and cheap to add a center tank or so long as u have enough displacement. Also check swing arms are ok sometimes the bigger lifts have an extra angled brace or two on the swing arms but should be an easy upgrade. 

@smuurph84 you can also upgrade your blower motor to a higher pressure blower to help improve lifting times or if u add a center tank it will improve also as u will have even more air volume to fill although a 3rd tank will increase lowering times a bit but not much. it should help reduce half lifting times (up to boyant point) but will take a little longer to fully fill the extra air . youll be higher and more boyant and if in rough water conditions it won't dip as much if u care.. also depends if u have shallow or deep water tanks.. really just depends on real life weight. At least you can try if your too heavy it just won't float! either way it's a floating lifts so cheap to upgrade to higher capacity compared to many other lift types. 

The higher pressure blower https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvn_0697BoZcRQBTnTNmE4g

Edited by The Hulk