Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No dash power

Mickeypowa

Hi!!

Since yesterday I have a problem on my malibu response 2002.

When I turn the key, the dash doesnt turn on, and if I turn to the start position, nothing happen.

I thought it was the battery but I tested it and I have 12.8v.

Then I thought it could be the kill switch, but it is on "all", and the bilge pump is working if I activate it with the button. The lights of the boat are working too if I push the button.

So what could it be ?

The ignition switch ? But the key turn well like before...

Or is there a blown fuse somewhere ??

Thanks

Mickey

Edited by Mickeypowa

@Mickeypowa any luck with the safety lanyard (kill switch)?  You can remove the lanyard switch and short the wires to make sure the switch isn't defective. Mine had 2 purple wires and I just butt connected them together and used the old hole in the panel for an additional 12v power socket. 

I don't advocate removing a safety device, but if you're not using the lanyard at all then it's just another point of failure and it seems to happen regularly with these older boats.

Actually there is a little circuit breaker on the engine and I accidentally pushed the red button when I was cleaning it.

Few hours to find out that !! I didnt now I had that just next to the big plug on the engine.

Thanks for your help!!