Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Driver’s Seat Upgrade 2000 VLX

Cambo5000

I’m looking to upgrade my stock driver seat on a 2000 Sunsettter 21 VLX. I’d like a swivel and a bolster (currently only moves front-back and height isn’t any good...I mean, who really looks THROUGH the windshield anyway, right?!). Any aftermarket options out there? Hardware for swivel? Full seat replacement for bolster? 

I did this upgrade in my ‘00 SSLXi. Assuming the cockpit is the same, you will need both a slider and swivel, as the seat needs to be offset slightly to the center in order to swivel without hitting the armrest. To do that, you will have to cut an adapter plate out of hdpe and put the slider 90deg from normal so it can slide side to side. Below is an example, I forget which one I actually used.  There are lower profile ones, but I wanted a higher height as well so it did the trick.

The offset is slight, so it’s not noticeable while driving, nor does it impact aesthetics. I found the sweet spot so that I don’t have to ever adjust the slider. My only complaint is that because the base is angled, when I swivel all the way around I’m tilted slightly forward. Not that big a deal, though a few washers to level it out would probably work.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Garelick-Eez-In-Low-Profile-Seat-Slide-and-Locking-Swivel-75090/309414329?mtc=Shopping-BA-F_HC-G-D25T-25_31_GARAGE_AUTOMOTIVE-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Auto_NA&cm_mmc=Shopping-BA-F_HC-G-D25T-25_31_GARAGE_AUTOMOTIVE-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Auto_NA-71700000037147756-58700005360496324-92700048672352202&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmZDxBRDIARIsABnkbYTU8D3vWJDwxuIDVPFSV5dUMwVC2olNzekGAZpl7RbbiEOGkxcl_LsaAjU5EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 2