Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dave Goode 1955-2020

CedarLakeSkier

A little surprised I hadn't seen this posted already.  Based on the person I believe it belongs in "Watersports & Gear" but feel free to move this to "off topic" if you don't feel it belongs here

Dave Goode passes away in an airplane crash

It is with a heavy heart that GOODE Skis announces the passing of its founder and president, Dave Goode.

Dave, 64, died Wednesday while taking part in one of his many passions, piloting his airplane.

Through his numerous technological advancements in both water skiing and snow skiing, and financial support of countless events and athletes in both sports, Dave touched the lives of thousands of people by helping them, and the sports they love, push the limits of performance.

A 2014 USA Water Ski Hall of Fame Award of Distinction recipient and member of the Michigan Water Ski Hall of Fame, Dave was an accomplished international competitor in both sports, recently winning the downhill event at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Masters National Speed Series and earning a bronze medal in trick skiing at the Pan American Senior Water Ski Championships.

Dave leaves behind his beloved wife Dawn, parents Paul and Mimi, children Michael Goode, Lisa Goode McHugh (John), Whitney Hebard Felkl (Hans), Gregory Hebard (Adrianna), and granddaughters Maple Julia McHugh and Sunny Elizabeth Hebard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Goode Press Release:

It is with a heavy heart that GOODE Skis announces the passing of its founder and president, Dave Goode.

Dave, 64, died Wednesday while taking part in one of his many passions, piloting his airplane.

Through his numerous technological advancements in both water skiing and snow skiing, and financial support of countless events and athletes in both sports, Dave touched the lives of thousands of people by helping them, and the sports they love, push the limits of performance.

A 2014 USA Water Ski Hall of Fame Award of Distinction recipient and member of the Michigan Water Ski Hall of Fame, Dave was an accomplished international competitor in both sports, recently winning the downhill event at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Masters National Speed Series and earning a bronze medal in trick skiing at the Pan American Senior Water Ski Championships.

Dave leaves behind his beloved wife Dawn, parents Paul and Mimi, children Michael Goode, Lisa Goode McHugh (John), Whitney Hebard Felkl (Hans), Gregory Hebard (Adrianna), and granddaughters Maple Julia McHugh and Sunny Elizabeth Hebard.

• Sad 1

RIP..  He and his business  made some very good equipment.  I skid a 9500 for years and just loved it. A year after I got it I hammered something in the water. Never did find anything but it crushed the ski.  I took it back and asked if it could be fixed. They looked at it and said it would take more time then the the cost of a new ski. They walked back into the shop and brought out a new one. Its fixed!  That was when they were back in Michigan.  Sad to see this he did so much for skiing.

Sad news indeed.  I met him at the World's once and he was ready to give me a slalom to test "indefinitely" because I was telling him I really liked his snow stuff, but was a D3 fan. :)  A shame to lose him: deepest sympathies to his family and all who knew him.